PDA

View Full Version : How many words per page?

LuckyShima
11-20-2005, 07:53 PM
How many words per page do you think is needed for best optimisation?

I am inclined to use as few as possible, maybe around 350, but this has a lot to do with the time involved and resources required as much as the optimisation.

Has anyone got any opinions about this? I am thinking of getting some work done at Constant Content so I want to maximise the value I get from it, whether that means having a longer article on the one page or breaking it up over several pages.

Thanks

James
11-20-2005, 11:09 PM
Personally, I'd say it's a good idea to break it down to about 450 words per page, and have it pageanated--but make sure people get the idea that it's multi-paged.

ozgression
11-21-2005, 01:26 AM
Yeah, I'd say 450-500 is about right.

etech-martin
11-21-2005, 10:19 AM
IMO, your site should have at least 200 words per page in terms of optimization. I think you should visit this link. It might be helpful to you a lot. http://www.sitepoint.com/article/increased-usability.
You should be sure that your site has unique character and content. IMO website should have at least 60% unique content to pass the duplicate content filter. The more unique content the better the site will be off to avoid mistakes as it comes to SEO. :)