11-18-2005, 06:35 PM
Where would you live?

Chris
11-18-2005, 07:07 PM
a castle in the mountains.

James
11-18-2005, 08:07 PM
At your mom's house. OH SNAP!

In reality, I'd probably just live in a nice house with lots of room in it, lots of extra space. It'd have a big yard with a few plants growing infront of an large porch. I'd have a trampoline in the yard, and a good-sized swimming pool. Good, friendly neighbors. A dog or two, and maybe a llama or horse or something as long as I could afford to have someone else take care of it. I'd likely put a fountain of myself spewing water out of my nose in a spray in the front yard. Of course, I'd have a very nice security system with well-placed cameras. I'd also have a ninja training room, and room which could be used for gymnastic activities (aka room where I could learn to do a front/back etc. flip without falling on my head), and a big recording studio. It'd probably be located somewhere that's pretty warm, and doesn't get bad weather often. Oh, and it'd have a really nice wooden back porch and maybe a forest with some bike trails out back.

MarkB
11-19-2005, 04:58 AM
A farm on the Isle of Wight.

michael_gersitz
11-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Someplace with no snow, no hurricanes, and no rain. And it would have to always be warm too.

Mike
11-19-2005, 12:18 PM
Probably the Algarve, in a big house with all the mod cons :)

Cutter
11-19-2005, 12:21 PM
Someplace with no snow, no hurricanes, and no rain. And it would have to always be warm too.

Arizona :D

I'd like to do some travelling before I decide where I'd like to live. Definately someplace warm, in a city, and a house with a pool.

Kate
11-19-2005, 03:12 PM
Byron Bay maybe. Or anywhere near the beach that isn't too much of a big city.

James
11-19-2005, 03:28 PM
What about if he also said no Arizonians?

Todd W
11-20-2005, 11:46 PM
In the mountains about an hour or so from here with atleast 50 acres.

This house would be self 'contained' with solar power, well water, propane tank, diesel tank, septic system, backup generator that ran on propane or diesel. The house would also have fire places in the main living room, as well as masterbedroom. Also on the property would be a very nice "Shop/Barn" to work on my vehicles as well as store firewood, toys, and tractors.

It would snow during winter, and be in the upper 70s to mid 80s in summer.

In fact I hope to move into such a house within the next 5 years. Maybe not 50 acres with all the toys, and self containment but most of the above.

deronsizemore
11-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Somewhere warm! I hate cold weather and snow. I'm thinking I'd like to live somewhere like Orlando. I'd golf all year 'round.

chromate
11-21-2005, 05:10 AM
Definitely in the UK. I know everyone complains about the weather here, but I like the variety.

I'd have a big, but not huge, house with about 5 acres of land around it, containing a few very large trees. House must have large windows and good head hight. A nice sized barn, like ToddW's, to work on restoring cars and general DIY stuff. Being near the sea would be nice and even though I would like a house out in the country, it would need to have easy access to a large city. I'd like a long drive-way with a large gate at the end to stop any unwanted visitors reaching my door :) In fact, sounds crazy, but I always liked the idea of having a moat around my house with an electrically operated bridge.

r2d2
11-21-2005, 01:15 PM
In fact, sounds crazy, but I always liked the idea of having a moat around my house with an electrically operated bridge.

Why not just buy an island :)

Somewhere warm for me too - I hate the miserable cold winters we have here in the UK. Me & the missus are (half) planning on moving to the states. I'd like somewhere with a fair slice of land, maybe 5 bedrooms or so, with some good entertaining facilities. Nice area etc, a few miles from a reasonably large town. 20 miles from the sea or so would be cool.

Chris
11-21-2005, 01:28 PM
Well R2D2, would you rather have hurricanes or earthquakes?

r2d2
11-21-2005, 03:28 PM
Hmm, yes I guess that would be something to take into account. Is all of California prone to 'quakes?

Maybe Carolina way is ok? Is it warm there?

moonshield
11-21-2005, 03:53 PM
Yea, I live down in North Carolina. If you live far enough inland you never have to worry about hurricanes or any other types of weather. The Southern east coast is also MUCH less expensive than the west coast.

Jacksonville Florida has not gotten directly hit by a hurricane in over 40 years. That would also be a good choice.

r2d2
11-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Thanks moonshield I shall bear those points in mind.

mini
11-21-2005, 08:10 PM
My boyfriend and I've been eyeing on this house, it's massive with a swimming pool across a massive park and it's only 4 km from the city. I hate small country towns, they make me depressed. I'd prefer busy buzzy city with lots of parties, theatres, good restaurants and social life where you don't have to milk your cow :).

The small country town i'm currently working is no where near the beach, there's nothing to do. They have drug problems and lots of young mothers. I wonder why you would even bothered moving to get what so called better lifestyle, bigger house, and grow a family if all these problems surround you.

So, I'd prefer to live in a big massive mansion in front of a huge park very close to the city. Since australian cities are close to the coastal, therefore beaches are not far at all :).

rebekahs
12-02-2005, 05:33 AM
Somewhere warm and near the beach!