PDA

View Full Version : How established...

deronsizemore
11-18-2005, 04:29 PM
does a site need to be to get accepted to most ad networks? I've seen a few in my searching that require so many uniques a month and things like that. Are all ad networks like this?

Todd W
11-18-2005, 05:43 PM
It depends how you submit it, and how estables YOU ARE with the ad company.

I`ve gotten brand new sites in (less than a week after programming was finished) that were doing ~100ppl a day. The signup said estimated so I put in what I estimated it would be doing in another couple weeks. I got in, and didn't run their ads until a week later when I was doing half my estimate... a couple weeks later I was above my estimate.

Would they allow a new site from someone not already in the network? Probably not.

I also don't believe in throwing ads on a fresh site.

deronsizemore
11-18-2005, 07:44 PM
Since I'm "green" to all this...you're saying that if I say already had three sites up with ads on them from lets say BurstMedia, I'd be more likely to get my 4th site accepted very easily?

Todd W
11-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Since I'm "green" to all this...you're saying that if I say already had three sites up with ads on them from lets say BurstMedia, I'd be more likely to get my 4th site accepted very easily?

Yes and No.

If your other 3 sites were large and succesful they would be more apt to let your new site in because if 100% of you rother sites you run with them are making them money they will think your 4th, 5th, etc wil too.

This may not be true for all networks but it seems to be the case w/some.

Anyway what kind of stats are your sites getting that you want ads on ?

deronsizemore
11-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Yes and No.

If your other 3 sites were large and succesful they would be more apt to let your new site in because if 100% of you rother sites you run with them are making them money they will think your 4th, 5th, etc wil too.

This may not be true for all networks but it seems to be the case w/some.

Anyway what kind of stats are your sites getting that you want ads on ?

Well none...all my questions thus far here are really hypothetical. I have no sites other then my small portfolio site, but I have plans for about 6 here in the future.