PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Online Training Software or Web Based Company

exoticpublishing
11-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Hi there,

I'm seeking software or a program where I can develop training courses on a site for my staff & then have them take tests, then I can see their marks, if they improve over time, how everyone collectively is doing etc.

I already searched, found one (that's how I got the idea), e-mailed them, got no response, found others, but they were way too expensive, like $500-$5,000.

Any leads?

Thanks

Michelle

Emancipator
11-16-2005, 01:06 PM
For a customized system I would say at the least you are looking at $500. You should look into macromedias software they have some tools you could use.

exoticpublishing
11-16-2005, 02:37 PM
Thanks

I had to call & leave a message b/c they don't have prices listed on their site which tells me it must be expensive LOL

It's called Breeze, but someone else gave me an OS option, so I will have to have someone look into that as free is always best even if I have to get someone to tweak it a bit :)

Take care

Michelle

For a customized system I would say at the least you are looking at $500. You should look into macromedias software they have some tools you could use.

Westech
11-16-2005, 03:18 PM
I've been looking for something similar to this. The best thing I've found so far is Macromedia Captivate (I think it's around $500). You should check it out if that's within your price range. I haven't used it yet, but I've heard good things.

If you find a cheap or free alternative please let me know!

exoticpublishing
11-16-2005, 03:30 PM
Ok, LOL, I thought it was Breeze.

Here's the OS one... http://moodle.com/

Let me know if you start using it & how user friendly it is.

I was told it doesn't look great, but it's freeeeee :)

TTYL

Michelle

Emancipator
11-17-2005, 07:13 AM
Michelle Macromedia has all their pricing on the website. I am not sure what you were looking at. I would blame it on the Toronto Haze.. i know it blocks my view some days.

Westech
11-17-2005, 08:06 AM
Sorry, I think I was confused about what you're looking for. Moodle is an open source online course management system, similar to Blackboard, Webct, and Desire2Learn.

Captivate is an application that lets you record what you're doing on the computer and then package the recording with narration, etc. in a Flash file. For instance, for making online tutorials for Office, Photoshop, etc. I think that it also has the functionality to quiz the user at the end, but don't quote me on that.

suzkaw
12-02-2005, 01:16 PM
For a free version you can try:
http://www.debugmode.com/wink/

exoticpublishing
12-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Funny :)

Where are you from?

Michelle Macromedia has all their pricing on the website. I am not sure what you were looking at. I would blame it on the Toronto Haze.. i know it blocks my view some days.

exoticpublishing
12-02-2005, 01:30 PM
Ahh Ok.

I'm learning about this from scratch right now & I still don't undetstand Blackboard 100%, but thanks for clarifying.

I think Captivate will be for the demo I need to create once my application is finished.

I will be hiring a marketing apprentice who will have to teach themselves about marketing online.

I want them to take what they learn, type it up (I'll have it edited of course) & then I want to make it into a course that I can later on quiz people on. This is in case they leave the company, I don't want to have to go thruthe whole hassle again. They will have a course all ready to learn from.

I might also want a course on the company & questions about that, but there isn't much there to make a full fledged course out of.

So I hope that clears things up.

Thanks

Michelle

Sorry, I think I was confused about what you're looking for. Moodle is an open source online course management system, similar to Blackboard, Webct, and Desire2Learn.

Captivate is an application that lets you record what you're doing on the computer and then package the recording with narration, etc. in a Flash file. For instance, for making online tutorials for Office, Photoshop, etc. I think that it also has the functionality to quiz the user at the end, but don't quote me on that.