PDA

View Full Version : Personals/Dating software?

deronsizemore
11-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Anyone know of a good software to run a personals/dating site? I'd be nice if it were free, but I don't mind paying if it wouldn't break my bank account.

agua
11-15-2005, 10:17 PM
Theres a huge dating thread (http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=162709) on Sitepoint - its worth a read if you've got a spare 1/2 day :)

Sean
11-15-2005, 10:17 PM
I haven't personally used one, but there are many at hotscripts:

http://hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Match_Making/index.html

So maybe there is one there that would suite you.

(Sorry if you already checked there and didn't find what you were looking for or were looking for a specific recommendation and not a link to a list of scripts.)

deronsizemore
11-15-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks guys.

Sean: Yeah I actually did do some searching at hotscripts, but didn't know if there was one in particular that some or many of the people here have used or head is good? It seemed that the ones at hotscripts all more or less did the same thing from the description, so kinda hard to pick one....er, maybe that makes it easy, since they are all the same? :)

Cutter
11-16-2005, 09:01 AM
If you are serious about making a dating site, then its worth spending the money on good software -- because you are going to have to spend a lot of time to make the site work.

Emancipator
11-16-2005, 01:14 PM
ive thought about writing a dating script.. just seemed like it would be fun :P

deronsizemore
11-16-2005, 01:41 PM
I actually found one that is open source last night and a couple that were a few hundred. I'm actually thinking about a dating site, only on a much, much smaller level then you all are probably thinking.

agua
04-09-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey deronsizemore - did you decide on one?

Emancipator
04-09-2006, 07:49 PM
i would be interested in seeing what you end up using to.

deronsizemore
06-21-2006, 07:54 PM
Sorry for the late followup, I guess I didn't read the thread after the last time I posted, but anyway, I think when I get ready to make the site, I'm going to use osDate. It's looking pretty good to me, but I guess we'll see.

KelliShaver
06-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Are you doing something lcoal? Since we're only a bit apart (unless you moved!) maybe we should do something together sometime, not necessarily this (I kind of can't because of an NCA with another long-term client), but something...

deronsizemore
06-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Are you doing something lcoal? Since we're only a bit apart (unless you moved!) maybe we should do something together sometime, not necessarily this (I kind of can't because of an NCA with another long-term client), but something...

Left you a PM, in case you didn't see it. :)

KelliShaver
06-23-2006, 04:28 PM
I didn't. Apparently I don't have any sort of notification turned on here. :) I shall now go read.

deronsizemore
06-23-2006, 07:02 PM
I didn't. Apparently I don't have any sort of notification turned on here. :) I shall now go read.

Yeah, I also didn't have my PM notification turned on for the longest time here and I'd have PM's for weeks and not know because I was used to other forums automatically notifying you with a pop up.