PDA

View Full Version : Game Reviews.ca v2 News Page

Emancipator
11-11-2005, 12:23 PM
I updated my news page to have a "comments" system and a bit different look. The comments are all monitored through a control panel. Looking for some feedback.

http://www.game-reviews.ca/news.php?id=859

moonshield
11-11-2005, 01:50 PM
Looks great. Your users are a bit smarter than the ones that come to some of my entertainment sites, many of them have no grasp on the English language.

Mike
11-11-2005, 02:00 PM
Ooo, I like that text box where the user enters the comment. How did you get the background in? I've never seen it done before!

Rest of it looks pretty good as well :)

Emancipator
11-11-2005, 02:05 PM
I used CSS to do the background. I can share the code with you just drop me a line on MSN messenger. I made some new changes to it as I discovered that people could post comments that were blank. I added a jscript check that basically tells you to put something in when you post.

I have had almost 50 comments posted so it seems to be a good idea. I am working on a very basic registration system so registered users can post, message each otehr and see new posts since their last visit.

So far ive only spent 15mins on it, I intend to put another hour into the comment system and get registration, etc.

Cutter
11-11-2005, 02:30 PM
Looks nice! I rolled my gaming site over into a modded Wordpress a few weeks ago, so I finally got comments on it too.

You might want to make the name text a bit darker in the form. Other than that it looks great.

Emancipator
11-11-2005, 02:44 PM
this is my own cms i use on all my sites... and your right on hte name, i had the wrong CSS and will get it fixed. I am just setting up private messaging.

Emancipator
11-14-2005, 08:19 AM
Spent a few more minutes expanding it. Anonymous can still post comments, but registered members can post comments, see new comments since last visit as well as new news items since last visit.