PDA

View Full Version : Good Wholesale Sites

Doug
11-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Does anyone know of any decent wholesale sites that have a fairly low minimum purchase? Any help would be appreciated.

Todd W
11-11-2005, 12:42 AM
What kind of goods.

etech-martin
11-11-2005, 07:52 AM
IMO, ebay is nice auction and wholesale site. I think you should also visit http://www.googlestore.com/ site. You will find it amazing. You should also visit this forum, it might be helpful to you wholesalecloseoutforum.com.

Doug
11-11-2005, 10:38 AM
What kind of goods.

Well, thats what I'm not sure of. Maybe electronics. I was going to try to sell some on ebay via dropshipping but I wanted to look over some products and try to see what isn't extremely saturated already but might sell good.

Chris
11-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't do electronics, too much competition, plus you have return/service issues to worry about.

Ideally you want what you sell online to fit a couple criteria.

1. possible to ship
2. fairly expensive, if it costs $10 to ship something and the item is only worth $10 then no one is going to pay for it. Shipping has to be at most 5-10% (possibly up to 20 sometimes) of the item's cost, meaning the item has to sell for shipping cost X 10. Being expensive also means people are more apt to shop around (thus look online) for it.
3. Hard to find locally, if people can pick it up easily at the local walmart or wherever you'll have a harder time getting them to buy from you.
4. durable and well made, returns suck.

So? Whats a good product? (besides swords I mean). How about after market car parts (the smaller ones, like tail lights, head lights, decals, shift knobs, etc), or fur coats. Possibly normal items for abnormal people (big shoes, long pants, xxxxl shirts).

Sex toys, believe it or not, would be a great item to sell as well. Really high end vibrators that go for $100 or whatever. People love buying those types of things online since its embarassing to buy them in person.

Another great area is home decor (think pier one). If you can get unique home decor items, perhaps focusing only on one theme, that'd be viable. For instance african word carvings, or metal wall sculptures, or chinese charcoal drawings.

Doug
11-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Thanks Chris, that was very helpful. My initial intention was to try a few different things on ebay and if I notice a certain thing selling better than most, maybe make a site dedicated to that one product. I'll have to do some more thinking and searching for good products. And don't worry, I don't plan to do swords because I don't like to copy people.

RockNRollPig
11-29-2005, 09:54 PM
You might also want to do some research into who actually produces products you sell. So say you want to sell big shoes (we'll use Nike for instance), you'd contact Nike and tell them you're interested in selling their shoes and ask where you can purchase them from at wholesale price. Nike would then give you the info you need to know. Now, Nike is a bit of an extreme and them being a large corporation would probably prove to be a bit more of a hassle to find out that sort of info, but the general principle is there.

wholesaleus
12-01-2005, 03:21 PM
HI, yes a great wholesale source is http://www.wholesaleextra.com

over 12000 wholesalers and dropshippers in us and uk

beley
03-07-2006, 04:03 PM
Check out www.worldwidebrands.com - I bought the whole set of products they offer and so far it seems like there are some gems there. There's a lot of info to weed through, but you can find some good suppliers with very nice markups.

I also own a traditional e-commerce retailer and know what the markup is on many products. It helps to know what you're looking for so you can know when you're being ripped off.