PDA

View Full Version : How to Put Ad In Video?

Todd W
11-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Not sure what section this goes in but I run a couple video sites and lately have received interest from sponsors who want to put an ad right before the video plays.

How do I mass insert their image/ad into all my videos?

Anyone?

-Todd

Cutter
11-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Do you want to play a seperate ad video before the main video, or do you want to embed the ad into the actual video file?

Todd W
11-07-2005, 07:47 PM
Do you want to play a seperate ad video before the main video, or do you want to embed the ad into the actual video file?

I`m pretty sure if I look at it carefuly enough I can embed my own video to play before the other video, what I was looking to do was actually put an ad into the actual video file but this may not be possible.

Cutter
11-08-2005, 09:05 AM
It is possible. How you do this would depend on what kind of software you are using. If both videos are encoded the same way, format, and specs, you should be able to just stitch them together with a program like EZMerge. I have done video stuff in a long time, but you will probably need a few different programs to decode and reencode videos to proper specs.

Todd W
11-08-2005, 10:16 AM
It is possible. How you do this would depend on what kind of software you are using. If both videos are encoded the same way, format, and specs, you should be able to just stitch them together with a program like EZMerge. I have done video stuff in a long time, but you will probably need a few different programs to decode and reencode videos to proper specs.

I`ll start looking for the software, I don't mind doing it on my end before putting the videos for download. So other than EZMerge any suggestions?
-Todd

The New Guy
11-08-2005, 10:35 AM
You could write a script that would just show the ad video before the other video so they dont have to be stitched togethor.

Westech
11-08-2005, 11:23 AM
You could write a script that would just show the ad video before the other video so they dont have to be stitched togethor.

This idea would probably be better if you just want to show an ad before each video. This way you wouldn't have to edit each video to insert the ad. You also wouldn't have to re-edit the videos every time you wanted to change the ad.

If the idea is to "mark" your videos to prevent people from downloading them to show on other sites without the ads, then you should edit the video files so that each ad and video are all in one file.

r2d2
11-08-2005, 11:53 AM
I`ll start looking for the software, I don't mind doing it on my end before putting the videos for download. So other than EZMerge any suggestions?
-Todd

VirtualDub (http://www.virtualdub.org/index) is the king of freeware video apps. Not only is it the best, but it also supports batch processing.

Not sure if you need them, but found a couple of joining video files articles here: http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/index_english.html (search the page for 'join').

Mike Hunt
11-08-2005, 03:01 PM
Perhaps check out Revver (http://www.revver.com)

Put a RevTag on your videos. Share them with the world. When people watch, you make money.

Todd W
11-08-2005, 04:38 PM

I think this is what I want to do.

Embed the video to play in the browser, and embed my ad video before. This way I can change the ads on the fly etc.