PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if you have a good one or not?

sandman
10-31-2005, 10:25 AM
OK, this one has me stumped and I was wondering if anybody here could provide some more insite.

Here is the situation:

Two domain names were bought within the same week. AWS sites were put up on each one using the same script.

- Domain A was picked because it sounded OK and had recently expired within the last two months. It has a site on it for the last 4 years. It had dropped from the search engines. Two months later after linking and submisions, its still not listed. Comes and goes on Yahoo right now. I view this as closer to normal as my other sites went through the same with about an 8 month lead time for good traffic and revenue.

- Domain B was picked as the name was better then A. Domain expired in the last two months but there has not been a site on it for about 4 years. Same AWS script was used and 6 weeks later there is decent traffic and indexed pages and its making decent revenue.

So any ideas on what can affect this? Would this be a history of the domain or just stupid luck? I would love to be able to recreate this situation.

Thanks!

Cutter
10-31-2005, 08:53 PM
Domain A could have been banned by Google if it was used for spamming. Contact them and ask for a re-inclusion.

sandman
10-31-2005, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the reply. I just sent them a message asking for reinclusion. I'll post if anything happens.

Thank you.

moonshield
10-31-2005, 09:50 PM
Contact them and ask for a re-inclusion.

I don't know if they will like to re-include an AWS. :D

sandman
10-31-2005, 10:01 PM
I don't know if they will like to re-include an AWS. :D

Yeah, ha ha! They dont seem to have any problem with my other ones. I've got one thats been there for 4 or 5 months and the indexed pages slowly get more and more over time.

I'm trying to see what wins over the long time. Forums, Content, or Data Feed. Figure I should have some good data in a year or so. I still have to redo my content site. It looks kinds weak.