PDA

View Full Version : New Forum

Chris
10-26-2005, 06:16 PM
http://www.savvyshopping.net/forums/

I plan on changing the header.

Anyways, its an adsense sharing forum. SavvyShopping itself gets a really nice eCPM, so you might actually be able to make a decent amount by posting there (assuming it gets popular).

Of course, I'd love for you all to post there. The idea is pretty simple, you find a good deal on something somewhere, share the love and post about it.

I plan on integrating this forum with both SavvyShopping.net and Coupon-Code.com

Shawn
10-26-2005, 06:26 PM
"Shopping Forums, General..."

I have great eyesight, but it's hard to read the orange forum headers.

I think the addition of the forum is a pretty good idea.

Kyle
10-26-2005, 06:28 PM
Very interesting, especially your revenue sharing idea. I would be concerned of people scamming it, it's bound to happen at some point.

I guess as long as Google doesn't place any blame on you personally, and penalize your adsense account, the idea is worth a try.

Chris
10-26-2005, 06:33 PM
It'd be hard for them to scam it. I mean you never see your own ads, so its impossible to self click (unless you log out I guess), if you do log out or ask someone else to do it you are at most only going to be 50%.

It seems to work for digitalpoint anyways.

.... noted on the orange on green, I'll see about changing it.

Emancipator
10-26-2005, 06:58 PM
can you explain how the adsense sharing works? Is it a hack for vbulletin? You have peaked my interest.

Mike Hunt
10-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Any plans to do Adsence sharing on this forum?

agua
10-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Great Idea

Adsense sharing (http://www.savvyshopping.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1) is explained here.

Is it OK to post affiliate links?

Chris
10-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Yes, its a VB hack.

No, no plans for it here (except for article authors).

No, not okay to post affiliate links (unless you're me). I plan to eventually implement a text replacement hack like here to make affiliate links obsolete anyways.

r2d2
10-27-2005, 12:11 AM
On the scamming front, would it actually affect you if they did? Would they not just cause problems for their own adsense account?

Unless of course they made multiple clicks on your ads, not bothering to check whos ads were showing.

Also, I take it this would most likely be people who don't have their own websites who are posting?

Westech
10-27-2005, 08:54 AM
Interesting vB hack. Does Google have an official position on this? It seems like a great idea but I'd think they might have a problem with people's ad codes running on sites that are not their own. I know that several other sites do this and I've always wondered.

Chris
10-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Its alright as far as I know. You must just ensure that there is never adcodes for 2 different publishers on the same page.

pas
10-27-2005, 05:27 PM
No, no plans for it here (except for article authors).

No, not okay to post affiliate links (unless you're me). I plan to eventually implement a text replacement hack like here to make affiliate links obsolete anyways.
What sort of revenue can article authors expect? I'm thinking about going to Ad-Tech in NYC and will probably write about it. I'd love to be able to put my referral link in for the various companies. But if you don't allow that... Would you yourself sign up for new companies using an author's referral link?

Any other terms you have for authors? I assume the author retains all rights.

Chris
10-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Actually no.

I'm willing to share adsense revenue, but an author would have to give up rights and would have to agree to regular new articles.

pas
10-27-2005, 06:17 PM
What amount of revenue could they expect? (guesstimate)

Chris
10-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Not much on a daily basis, but over the long term (years) I could see a couple hundred per article.

Of course a single very popular article could do well in the short term.

pas
10-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Hmm, for that amount I don't think I'm interested in giving up rights AND commiting to regular new articles (about what? Ad-Tech is one event). I still think I'll visit Ad-Tech and write it up, just don't have a place with lots of interested eyeballs to publish it.