PDA

View Full Version : Demographics reports...

Stevens
10-29-2003, 10:59 AM
Folks,

Has anyone had any experience with creating reports with PHP and MySQL? I need to whoop up a user-demographics report to support advertising solicitation. I'd like to create a report and somehow get the info organized properly, but I actuall have NO idea where to even start...

E

Chris
10-30-2003, 06:31 AM
First of all you need the statistics, how do you collect them?

Stevens
10-30-2003, 08:19 AM
I'll have them in a table that is inputed by users on a newsletter request form. I have name, gender, location, age, and frequency of nightlife excursions per week...

E

Chris
10-30-2003, 11:13 AM
Oh, okay, so what do you need to know? If you already have the database you'd just need to print out the information like any other page.

Stevens
10-30-2003, 11:18 AM
I just want to know if I have to manually create any documents. I'd like to be able to jut print a report that would be already formatted and would reflect the most current statistics. I hate to bring up MS, but Access has built in reporting tools that are all inclusive to the program itself. I wasn't sure if there were report template files that php could submit to or something that would make organizing so much data and computations a bit easier and quicker...

Stevens
10-30-2003, 11:21 AM
I think I see what you are saying...

I'll give it a shot...