PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo $2.99 domain names

LuckyShima
10-16-2005, 08:30 PM
Hard to believe I am using a throw-away yahoo login account to purchase domain names from a major portal. Usually I wouldn't even look at the services they offer.

But the price is nice. 3 years rego for the price of 1.

Microsoft will have to start throwing some goodies around or they will sink into oblivion.

Masetek
10-16-2005, 11:28 PM
http://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/domains/

Thats the url if anyones interested. I'll definately be using it, thats damn cheap! their additional domain suggestions are pretty good too.

Thanks for the heads up :)

deronsizemore
10-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Maybe I am weird, but I like to have all my domains registered at the same place. :rolleyes:

I guess 2.99 is pretty darn hard to pass up though...

LuckyShima
10-17-2005, 12:46 AM
Maybe I am weird, but I like to have all my domains registered at the same place.
Yeah me to, and I also never would have thought I would be buying domains through a portal, but 3 for the price of 1 is a bit of an enticement.

It is not quite as easy to manage as the other big registry sites, because there is no 'bulk registration', but if I can register for 1 year somewhere else, or 3 years at Yahoo, I will take the 3 years.

I think it might be set up for recurring billing, so watch that if it is a worry. If you register for 3 years that will most likely be after your card expires anyway. Not sure of any other catches.

thebillionaire
10-17-2005, 01:01 PM
you gotta sign up for there online payment account, its like paypal, then transfer money through there, i think. I was gonna buy from them before but it looked too much of a hassale

LuckyShima
10-17-2005, 01:48 PM
you gotta sign up for there online payment account, its like paypal, then transfer money through there, i think. I was gonna buy from them before but it looked too much of a hassale
Maybe it has changed now, or maybe the transfer from account to checkout is invisible to the user (if that is possible), but I paid using a normal credit card transaction, no drama.

Masetek
10-18-2005, 02:27 AM
Yeah I just bought a couple of domains, paid with my CC :cool:

LuckyShima
10-18-2005, 03:16 AM
It's a killer offer. It's got me right back into the domain name buying game. No time to work ... gotta think of some great domain names I can buy so I can save some money :rolleyes:

Masetek
10-18-2005, 06:47 AM
LOL

That's pretty much the way I'm lookin at it too!

dondor
10-20-2005, 03:41 PM
Hard to believe but 2 months later and still no better offer.
The online banking payment is not a problem for many webmasters these days I believe as many use such accounts for their affiliate money transfer.