PDA

View Full Version : Got a few ideas...

deronsizemore
10-15-2005, 08:42 PM
I've got a few site ideas that could be best served IMO as forums. What I'm curious to know is, how difficult is it to run more than one or two forums? I'd be designing them myself and putting them up on the web. I know it takes a decent amount of work to get them up and running the first place let alone decent posters for the forum. Would something like 3 or 4 forums be to much for one person to handle?

John
10-16-2005, 12:52 AM
With forums I find that once that get too big to handle by yourself it is easy to find some members that are willing to be mods and take care of most of the work.

s2kinteg916
10-16-2005, 12:55 AM
I have a hard time getting forums started... i wonder how you guys do it..

Shockt
10-16-2005, 01:42 AM
I also have had quite a difficult time starting a community. Unless it is some niche subject or has not already been over-done, its extremely tough.

Chris
10-16-2005, 06:13 AM
It just takes time, lots of time. But the more time you put into it the easier it gets.

deronsizemore
10-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Well, the ideas I have currently for the forums are a niche subject. To my knowledge and in my searching I cannot find anything up on the net like them....so maybe I've got a punchers chance here. :cool:

Masetek
10-16-2005, 07:34 PM
I haven't used these guys, but they could give your forum a kick start

http://www.forumlaunch.com

I'm not sure of the quality of the posts, but from what I have heard they are pretty good. It would depend on the subject I guess

deronsizemore
10-16-2005, 08:06 PM
I haven't used these guys, but they could give your forum a kick start

http://www.forumlaunch.com

I'm not sure of the quality of the posts, but from what I have heard they are pretty good. It would depend on the subject I guess

Cool..thanks for the link.

LuckyShima
10-16-2005, 08:33 PM
Well, the ideas I have currently for the forums are a niche subject. To my knowledge and in my searching I cannot find anything up on the net like them....so maybe I've got a punchers chance here. :cool:
I would also be considering the content area of this niche subject. If you have a forum with no content and someone else with content quickly adds a forum to their site you might have trouble competing, depending on the niche. Something to consider anyway.

deronsizemore
10-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Nice point! I'll talk that into consideration when gathering all my info.