PDA

View Full Version : Seeking review of Google Community.com

intelliot
10-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Appreciate honest, constructive reviews of the site: Google Forums (http://www.googlecommunity.com)

Suggestions for not only the layout, but the general structure and feel of it are appreciated as well. :)

Shawn
10-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Big fan of green. Great job with the color scheme.

The typography is absolutely great. The varying font sizes are great, however, I think the typography size of the logo isn't proportionate with any other design element on the page. Bring down the size of the logo down some.

Also, left-aligned would probably look much better.

Great job, you're definitely not your average forum.

Cutter
10-14-2005, 08:43 PM
Looks very good. The issue to me is that the header seems a bit large. I think you shrink it by about 15%

... may be you could also do some kind of subtle fading gradient so its not just a solid green block?

Thats just a suggestion to experiment with. I'm far from some master graphic designer.

Everything else looks excellent. I like the variety in icons for the different sub-topics.

Masetek
10-14-2005, 11:57 PM
Very nice layout :)

I agree with the others, make the header a bit smaller. It looks huge compared with the size of the fonts. Also I think the footer has to be reduced as well. I would put the forum headings (Google forum, webmaster forums etc) in bold to make them stand out a bit more.

I love the color scheme, they work well together. The layout looks good on my monitor (1280x1024)

John
10-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Seeing all the different sections for all the different google functions just reminds me of how google istaking over the net :)

moonshield
10-15-2005, 06:14 PM
"Guest, have you registered yet? It's fast and free."

Calling me 'Guest' is such a way is a little upsetting. I recommend a change in that statement; add a welcome or something.

Cutter
10-16-2005, 07:33 AM
I believe guest is just the default name on any board software for an uregistered user.