PDA

View Full Version : AWStats

deronsizemore
10-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Okay, I've heard a lot about AWStats and I was going to try it out, but I'm lost as far as installing it. I downloaded the .exe file from SourceForge and then ran the installer and it said I was missing some PEAL extension or something and said I could get it for free here: http://www.activestate.com/ I went there and have no idea what I'm looking for.

So does AWStats just run off of your PC or is it something I'll need to upload to my webserver? I've got Apache running on my PC, but don't know if that makes a difference as far as getting it to work or not?

Masetek
10-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure if you got an answer to this question or not? AWStats usually comes preinstalled on your web server. You'll find it under stats in your control panel

r2d2
10-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Can you link to your hosting company, and let us know the package you use?

deronsizemore
10-13-2005, 04:19 AM
My hosting company is www.intersabre.com. They were the cheapest for what I needed and has alot of features, but I don't remember seeing AWStats already installed...

r2d2
10-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Can't see it - maybe contact them to ask if they have a stat package, and if not, why not? Its a pretty basic hosting feature.

deronsizemore
10-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Yeah, like I said I might be wrong but I don't think Intersabre has AWStats. I know for sure that they have Webalizer and Analog, but I don't remember seeing AWStats. I'll check again and see, if not I'll ask. I'd like to have them, cause webalizer and analog just confuses me, StatCounter is great, but doesn't give a lot of info unless you pay, and AWStats looks from the screenshots to be really good...so I'd like to start using it.

r2d2
10-13-2005, 02:39 PM
Ah, ok I didnt know they had webalizer and analog - if they have those, then its much more likely they won't have awstats since they have the others - I thought you were saying they didnt have any at all.

Webalizer is quite nice. Not much difference to awstats. I wouldn't worry about it if you have webalizer and analog anyway.

deronsizemore
10-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Everyone says webalizer is pretty good, but it just confuses the hell out of me. Like for example...Hits, Files, Pages, and Visits. What are the explanations of each? I've read on the webalizer website what each is, but still don't fully understand. From what I've found it really doesn't just come out and say like how many uniques you've got, repeat visitors, search engine info like for specific keywords among others.