PDA

View Full Version : 300.00 US dollars...

deronsizemore
10-10-2005, 05:52 PM
Lets say I have around 300 dollars to use for a website. How would you use that 300 dollars for promotion or advertising to get more unique visitors to your site? I know Google Adwords are suppose to be good, but what about buying visitors and other techniques?

thebillionaire
10-10-2005, 08:49 PM
try adengage or adbrite, sometimes it helps to advertise directly to the site as its cheaper

deronsizemore
10-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Thanks. I'll check them out.

ozgression
10-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Also, try some smaller pay per click search engines - adsense and Yahoo bid prices can get a bit too competitive sometimes (especially for someone with a small budget).

Shockt
10-11-2005, 12:11 AM
It really depends on the website you will be running. As for my website, PhotoshopGuides.com, I have a large database of Photoshop tutorials. In hopes of getting returning visitors, I put a few bucks a day into AdWords advertising. Though for some websites, investing the same money into text links or buying advertising directly from the website the ads will be published on might be a better solution.

John
10-11-2005, 06:36 AM
You should try andget some free text links from the sites you link to. Email the webmasters of all the different tutorials you link to and tell them that you are basically promoting their tutorials and sending them traffic so in return ask for a text link to your site, I bet you'd be able to get a bunch of good quality links if you did this.

Cutter
10-11-2005, 10:52 AM
You really need to give specifics.

For example, if you are bidding $1 a click on Adwords, and you have a 5% clickthrough rate with an average click paying you $3 you've wasted you money.

On the other hand, if are bidding 5 cents a click on Adwords, and 50% of those sign up for your newsletter, and 50% of those signs ups complete your double opt-in, then it might make sense.

Those two examples are just for content sites. If you are actually selling a product then its a whole different story.

Personally, I'd use that money to either:

a) buy visible links on sites in my same catagory -- and make sure the visitors had an option to sign up for my opt-in newsletter

or

b) invest it in content. $300 will actually take you a pretty long way if you use it wisely.