PDA

View Full Version : incoming link tactics

Cloughie
10-27-2003, 05:36 AM
ok, I need to build my page rank on www.atlargenutrition.com

What do you think I should do?

Should I offer a links directory on the site and start swapping links with people? A directory should help limit the damage of one big links page giving out to much PR shouldn’t it?

Or should I just start trying to email people asking for links and not suggesting I will link them back in return?

What would you do?

chromate
10-27-2003, 07:21 AM
The highly categorised directoy would be better than a single links page. With the directory approach you will have a higher ratio of links going back in to your own site compared with those going out, for each page.

Chris
10-27-2003, 10:18 AM
Neither.

You're an ecommerce site, ecommerce sites should not exchange links, and people aren't likely to link if you just ask them.

What you need to do is build up PR using WBB and then transfer it to AL. Thats like the whole point of having two sites.

Cloughie
10-27-2003, 10:22 AM
okie ;)

So the best way to put it to at large is link to at large as many times as possible on wbb with key word rich text?

Chris
10-27-2003, 11:08 AM
yes

s2kinteg916
10-27-2003, 05:39 PM
lets say he's not a eccommerce site ?

which would apply ?

__________________________________________________ _

Should I offer a links directory on the site and start swapping links with people? A directory should help limit the damage of one big links page giving out to much PR shouldn’t it?

Or should I just start trying to email people asking for links and not suggesting I will link them back in return?

What would you do?

Chris
10-27-2003, 05:58 PM
Then I'd follow the advice here:

http://www.websitepublisher.net/article/link_popularity/5