PDA

View Full Version : How was your September?

MarkB
09-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Mind - best. month. ever.

*VERY* almost broke $500 (though there's still tonight's Adsense, and today's Amazon, to account for, but it won't be more than a few bucks).

Adsense is going great compared to recent months; as is Amazon, thanks to some new rankings for some AWS stores.

Two months ago I was aiming (and failing) to break $200 :D

My next aim is to get network-wide Adsense impressions up to 200k (smidge over 100k ATM).

It's like a fresh start. Wouldn't have happened without WSP.

Mike
09-30-2005, 01:15 PM
September isn't over yet ;)

It started off badly, but this last week my earnings have gone through the roof.

Hopefully it will continue into October!

Oh and well done Mark :)

MarkB
09-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Close enough to being over :p

r2d2
09-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Yes, congratulations Mark!

About $330 or so for me... I think I need to get a couple more sites out.

Tomorrow my company officially starts trading too :)

Chris
09-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Ecommerce was strong in the beginning, weak at the end. Amazon was down -- no big TV sales. I think with AWS sites you only have 2 or 3 weeks of good times after you first launch and then you get relegated to SERP oblivion.

Adsense was the highest month ever for me, I got up to $500 a day for weekdays. I expect October to beat it though.

MarkB
09-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Strange you say that, Chris - these AWS sites that are doing better (I won't say 'well') have been going for quite a few months, now. I don't expect it to last, but it's nice while it IS happening :)

kingsimon999
09-30-2005, 02:43 PM
It was one of my worst months for about 2 years.

October is looking promising though. I am back in google, for August and September I was dropped, just google being google.

Total for September was around $2k

pas
09-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Sept. was better than Aug by a fair bit. My AWS earnings were a bit less.

ozgression
09-30-2005, 04:17 PM
Not bad, not great.

LuckyShima
09-30-2005, 04:42 PM
adsense eCPM continues to climb for third month in a row, clicks show only slight increase.

James
09-30-2005, 06:02 PM
(All from Cheat Fire (http://cheatfire.com))
I've earned $43.54, up from $31.75 last month, just cause of increased CPC.

Cutter
09-30-2005, 06:40 PM
This month I made less than last month. This mostly is because of a drop-off in MSN traffic. I've also had other projects I've been focusing on (such as the blog.)

thebillionaire
09-30-2005, 08:51 PM
best month so far, alot more visitors and money

Kate
09-30-2005, 08:52 PM
$3.64
A 75% increase on last month :D!

AndyH
09-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Adsense is making me $100+/day now because i'm currently getting alot of CPM ads. :)

Doug
09-30-2005, 11:50 PM
My investing site that gets about 20 times less traffic than my strange facts site made nearly as much with adsense this month. It is still in the single digits for each site but if only I could get that site to have the traffic of the strange facts one, which by all means is very little anyway. When all was said and done, I profited -$4.80 this month, I guess I still have work to do.

Todd W
10-01-2005, 12:02 AM
Was on track for a good sept but due to MSN changes last week I`ll make a couple hundred less than last month. Unless I get my act together it will be a couple thousand less next month... grrr Always something new to work on :D

sandman
10-01-2005, 11:05 AM
I totaled $170 this month. Last month it was about $103, so going up! I still have some stuff in the sandbox and I'm working on the scripting for a new site now. Might take me another month before I can release it.

My AWS sites went to almost zero the last week but adsense was up. Hopefully October will start getting the Christmas rush some.

Cutter
10-01-2005, 11:27 AM
I finally got my e-book campaign optimized, so now it looks like I'll be earning an extra $400 profit a month from sales of that. I already made a $100 off of it last week.

thebillionaire
10-01-2005, 11:43 AM
broke the $200 mark
goal for october: $500

chromate
10-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Earnings were down for Sept as I was dropped, then re-accepted into an affiliate program. My girlfriend's back at uni now and I've almost finished a big project for a freelance client, so some free time looms to work on my own projects. I hope to get productive in Oct working on link building and perhaps rolling out some new sites towards the end of the month.

I've decided I need to take more of a professional attitude and ramp up production, instead of treating it as a "hobby-business" as I have been thus far. This unfortunately requires that I become less lazy. Damn! :)

jonnyhilfiger
10-01-2005, 04:27 PM
Very good combined with a big expense of a server move so overall made nowt. On the plus side though we now have a beefier server with no bandwidth limits so I can now implement some of the upgrades I've been meaning to do with some of our sites. It also means we can work on growth without any more server expense for a while. :cool:

John

jaybird691
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
I am no where in the league of most of you but my business website was doing pretty well until MSN tanked me out of their search engine. The week before I had my biggest hits week and the Adsense payouts for the site is pretty decent. My other site gets only about 50 hits a day and does very little at all in earnings primarily because it is aimed at students. The business site only gets that many hits and a week and was okay. So September was my best month so far. Lots of work to do on my sites and lots to learn about SEO.
Learning alot from this site. Thanks to all.

Snowballer
10-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Ecommerce was strong in the beginning, weak at the end. Amazon was down -- no big TV sales. I think with AWS sites you only have 2 or 3 weeks of good times after you first launch and then you get relegated to SERP oblivion.

Adsense was the highest month ever for me, I got up to $500 a day for weekdays. I expect October to beat it though.

hold on there Chris, did you say you are getting $500/day with adsense consistantly or just once in a while!

if so, wow and congrats! Is it coming from that feed network of yours mostly or that literature site ?

Chris
10-10-2005, 09:46 AM
I was in September doing it every weekday. October has dropped though, I think a couple CPM Advertisers campaigns stopped. And yes, it was mostly (80%) my lit site, the rest mostly my other content sites. The feed sites only do about $10 a day with adsense.

Snowballer
10-10-2005, 10:06 AM
Wow, what's your traffic like on the lit site? I would never have dreamed a literature site can make $ with adsense...

John
10-10-2005, 10:23 AM
Wow, what's your traffic like on the lit site? I would never have dreamed a literature site can make $ with adsense...

I'd assume all those college students that need essays love clicking on those adsense ads.

Snowballer
10-10-2005, 10:37 AM
hehe..yeah they are probably more likely to click on ad after 5 large cups of coffee at 3AM in the morning (oh and if their printer is broken..look out CTR heheh)

Nick
10-10-2005, 04:43 PM
My best month so far! I've doubled my last record.