PDA

View Full Version : Just finished an interview with Aaron Wall of SEOBook

Cutter
09-30-2005, 10:59 AM
I just finished doing an interview with Aaron Wall, the author of SEO Book, for my http://www.webpublishingblog.com/ . I still haven't purchased a copy (but its going to happen very soon; maybe next week -- and then I'll post a review of it here.)

Everything I've heard about it so far has been very positive. The guy behind the Web Design Business Kit, Brendon Sinclair, did a review of it on his blog last week and really liked it.

Has anyone here read it yet? Its not cheap at $79 but I don't have to remind you guys just how much money a few good rankings can make :D

Chris
09-30-2005, 11:04 AM
The information is all going to be freely available elsewhere though.

John
09-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Great article, you should have asked for a free copy since you are giving him free advertising.

On a side note, stop posting so many new articles I can't keep up with them.

MarkB
09-30-2005, 11:42 AM
I bought it, based on Sinclair's review (because I admire him, and respect his opinion). I've looked through it, and my review? Seems to be a waste of money. Sinclair hasn't responded to my post in his blog asking which bit taught him something - the cynic in me says he is just trying for the commission sale, but I really hope he found some super secret which I could use. Cos I really couldn't afford to buy that ebook. (Yes, I'm a dork!)

Chris
09-30-2005, 11:50 AM
I'm suprised he's only been doing this for 3 years.... it just goes to show you how experience is in such short supply.

LuckyShima
09-30-2005, 01:41 PM
You are publishing some insightful and interesting interviews. It might be a better strategy to spread out the publication to maybe one per week or something rather than one every 2 days. That way you don't burn up all your material in one go.

If you are looking for a blog topic content on the other days, just write something about a thread you see here or in sitepoint.

If you prefer doing it the way you are going it, then that will still be good.

Cutter
09-30-2005, 01:41 PM
So would it be fair to say that the information in the book is on a more "intro" level?

There certainly is no shortage of free SEO info online. The problem I see is that its scattered everywhere, and it can takes weeks or even months to seperate out the important stuff.

Cutter
09-30-2005, 01:45 PM
You are publishing some insightful and interesting interviews. It might be a better strategy to spread out the publication to maybe one per week or something rather than one every 2 days. That way you don't burn up all your material in one go.

If you are looking for a blog topic content on the other days, just write something about a thread you see here or in sitepoint.

If you prefer doing it the way you are going it, then that will still be good.

I've had this in the back of my head, I'm trying to get things off to a jump start so people know this isn't just another blog were someone reposts other news stories.

I actually didn't expect Aaron's answers until next week; in his first reply to my request it would take him a few days. I sent him the questions last night and he answered them today.

The truth is that there are *tons* of people worth interviewing out there. I will slow these down a little bit, just because the sheer amount of work thats involved doing this every day ;)

MarkB
10-01-2005, 03:27 AM
I don't know if it could be classed as 'intro level', because I've only skimmed it for now. Certainly a lot of it is general knowledge type SEO material; I'm hoping there's still a hidden gem, slap-the-forehead moment for me to discover :)