PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Rita

priyanka-m6.net
09-21-2005, 11:19 PM
After lashing Florida and Cuba, Hurricane Rita may hit the southern US soon. Rita belongs to Category 5 Hurricane which is the highest on the scale.
People are evacuating New Orleans,Houston,Texas. It must be a very difficult experience for them. My best wishes are with all those people who got affected with the monster Katrina and I hope Rita doesn't cause severe damage.

For more news on Rita visit http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/HurricaneRita/

MarkB
09-22-2005, 01:10 AM
Yeah, scary ****. At least there's no way the government will ignore the warnings THIS time.

James
09-22-2005, 02:32 AM
Let's not forget those thousands upon thousands of people who ignored the television telling them that: "Hey, you're unlikely to be able to sit outside on your lawn chair without getting a speck of water on you". Aswell as those who decided to stay to 'loot' and 'pillage'.

Best of luck to those who will have to deal with this.

Cutter
09-22-2005, 07:52 AM
Just saw some lady on TV that said she is waiting out out. The newscaster asked if she had a boat, she said no but I can swim. This storm is going to make a lot of Texans look like idiots too.

James
09-22-2005, 08:15 PM
The newscaster asked if she had a boat, she said no but I can swim.
And that's the kind of water that's good to swim in: the kind that you're afraid of swallowing, and is likely full of sewage.