PDA

View Full Version : SEO Optimized Web Content Writer

birder
09-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Hey!
I need work and am willing to work on approval basis.
I have been banned from www.constant-content.com due to a confrontation on their editing and guidelines.
I specialize in improving page ranking in google. Most of my experience is in travel and tourism related fields, but I am willing to try anything at my own risk.
You need not pay if my writing does not produce results in google.
I charge $ one a word if you get the results that make such payment worth your while.
I have a Paypal account.
I check my mail once every 24 hours and can deliver a first batch of 5 thousand words in another 24 hours.
Thanks for keeping me in mind and for holding my hand by guiding me to potential work, as I recover from www.constant-content.com expulsion.
I am in financial distress and write to make a living.

LuckyShima
09-20-2005, 09:33 PM
Hey what a great way to promote a website! Sign on to a forum and pretend you have been banned from some unknown website which you give two links to.

And you only charge $1 per word? Man, I have 2,000 words a day that you can write. You are going to be RICH !!!!!!!

By the way, I have recently been banned from www.giftbaskets.com.au because I ate all the chocolates ;).

Blue Cat Buxton
09-21-2005, 01:22 AM
By the way, I have recently been banned from www.giftbaskets.com.au because I ate all the chocolates ;).

:D :D Thats why when I got there, there were only wrappers left!!

a $ a word would be nice - hay I will write for $1 for two words....

Cutter
09-21-2005, 06:58 AM
I've heard about www.constant-content.com before, a lot of writers use them. Why did you get banned?

Chris
09-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Hey what a great way to promote a website! Sign on to a forum and pretend you have been banned from some unknown website which you give two links to.

And you only charge $1 per word? Man, I have 2,000 words a day that you can write. You are going to be RICH !!!!!!!

Its not unknown, you'll find a review of it on this site.

LuckyShima
09-21-2005, 02:23 PM
The main reason he would have got banned (if there was any truth to the story) would probably be that he is meant to be a content writer yet the content of his pitch for work includes talking about another company that does the work he does, does it for a lot cheaper, and he gives two links to it.

birder
09-21-2005, 06:56 PM
I've heard about www.constant-content.com before, a lot of writers use them. Why did you get banned?
I have been banned because I confronted one of the editors over a rejection with which I did not agree.
My ban can be verified by the administrator of the site.
It is unfair to allege that I lie about the ban without seeking verification from the site.
I do not have a website to promote.
I am a writer for websites that belong to other people.
I request the webmaster to review the comments made by LuckyShima and take appropriate action.

birder
09-21-2005, 07:00 PM
The main reason he would have got banned (if there was any truth to the story) would probably be that he is meant to be a content writer yet the content of his pitch for work includes talking about another company that does the work he does, does it for a lot cheaper, and he gives two links to it.
Is it fair to make such wild allegations without substance?
My ban was over an argument regarding capitalization. My article did not contain any links to other sites. It was written in specific response to a project posted at the site by the owner of a blog on automobiles.
I request the webmaster to consider whether your comments are in line with the aims and objectives of this forum.

birder
09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
Its not unknown, you'll find a review of it on this site.
Chris, I have no website to promote. I am a writer. I have been banned from a site over an argument with the editor over grammar. I just need writing work. Your counterpart at the site from which I have been banned can substantiate what has happened.
I would not like to continue with your forum if I cannot be trusted, and if other members and you feel free to make charges without making any attempt to check the facts.
I will revisit the forum after 24 hours, and hope to have your response by then.

birder
09-21-2005, 07:09 PM

My writing is highly valued by my clients because it gets them results on google. I aim to improve page ranking on this search engine, and get my clients business by holding a browser's attention, and ensuring repeat visits.
I work on approval basis, so my clients do not incur risk in commissioning my work.
I work with passion, perseverance and professionally.
I hope Chris will consider appropriate action against your frivolity. :mad:

deronsizemore
09-21-2005, 07:55 PM
Can I see an example of your writing?

LuckyShima
09-21-2005, 08:04 PM
This is what you said in your opening post:

"I specialize in improving page ranking in google"

now you are saying "and get my clients business by holding a browser's attention, and ensuring repeat visits."

These are different outcomes.

Copy writing for high rankings in google is a scam. I can use .htaccess to optimise 10,000 pages for google inserting various arrangements of keywords and phrases that will get higher rankings than your 'highly valued' writing. Quality copy writing does not improve rankings. Targeted copy writing improves rankings, even if that writing is nonsensical and repetitive.

But along with this, what sort of quality do you deliver if you present a pitch for work by telling us that you got banned from a website offering the same service at a lower price than you, and you provide 2 links to it?

Also, I really can't see how you are going to compete with Blue Cat Buxton who has never been banned from anywhere because of his writing and only charges 50 cents per word compared to your $1 per word. Work it out for yourself.

But good luck to you !!!

birder
09-22-2005, 06:11 PM
I do not wish to force people to use my work.
google asks for quality writing, not mechanistic use of key phrases.
High page ranking in google is not sustainable without holding the reader's interest and ensuring repeat visits.
I was not banned for using links, but for an argument over capitalization.
Everyone is welcome to get copy at rates lower than mine, or to use automated techniques to fabricate rankings.
I remain available for those who would like to try my work and see if it gets them results.

birder
09-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Can I see an example of your writing?
Yes I am willing to provide samples. Send me a private message and I can paste it there or send it by email. Mentioning sites here may spark off another volley of abuse of the Lucky Shima kind with even Chris pitching in!

ozgression
09-22-2005, 08:35 PM
I can see how you get banned from places. You seem very combative.

LuckyShima
09-24-2005, 02:24 AM
Without wishing to stoke Birder's fire, it should be pointed out that:

google asks for quality writing, not mechanistic use of key phrases.
and:

High page ranking in google is not sustainable without holding the reader's interest and ensuring repeat visits.
are false statements.

The only impact that 'quality writing' and 'holding the reader's interest' can have on google rankings is indirectly through the possibility that people will link to the site and in this way bring about higher rankings (as a result of the linking, not the quality of the writing or the level of interest).

'Quality writing' or 'holding the reader's interest' do not in themselves bring about high rankings.

Although, as an aside, I have read discussions about whether user actions such as 'save to favourites' and the stickiness of a site, the time a user spends browsing it, can affect rankings, but there is no evidence for this as far as I know.

James
09-24-2005, 02:36 PM
How could the search engines possibly detect how many users have added the site to favorites, or how long they spend browsing it?

LuckyShima
09-24-2005, 02:42 PM
How could the search engines possibly detect how many users have added the site to favorites, or how long they spend browsing it?
Toolbar? ... I was just passing on some obscure speculation that I read, not proposing it was true.

Chris
09-24-2005, 03:17 PM
Until they update the toolbar privacy policy we can be pretty sure they aren't doing that. Not that I could see a reason why they'd do it. So much spyware manipulates your bookmarks that doing this would be a big boon for the spyware companies.

Westech
09-24-2005, 04:58 PM
Some features available on the Google Toolbar can enhance your search and browsing experience, but may require that we have some understanding of the web pages that you are viewing. For example, by knowing which web page you are viewing, the PageRank feature of Google Toolbar can show you Google's ranking of that web page. Google can also use this information about the pages you have viewed to improve functionality or quality, or add new features.

It looks to me like Google is already reserving the right to use data about users' browsing habits that they collect through the toolbar. This doesn't mean that they are currently using it in their ranking algorithm or that they plan to in the future, but I think it spells out pretty clearly that they could if they wanted to.

Chris
09-24-2005, 09:31 PM
Browsing, but not things like adding to favorites.

In anycase we all know how poor alexa rankings are, and I'd hope Google would look at that and see that toolbars just don't work, or atleast that they don't work well enough to ever be more than a very minor portion of the equation.