PDA

View Full Version : Building Link Popularity...

Mike
10-24-2003, 01:31 PM
Hi all,

For months I have been trying to build my link popularity - but with no decent outcome. Yes I now have 60 backward links, but most of them are from here and my site itself. I've looked at competitors and their links come from just a few sites, who won't even email me back.

Could anyone give me any advice?

Thanks a lot,
Mike

chromate
10-24-2003, 02:10 PM
It's extremely difficult because of the nature of your site. I don't have any experience building link popularity with such highly commercial sites.

What I would do if I were in your situation is create another site that offers free content on something vaguely related to web design. Then build the popularity of that, which will be much easier. Then simply link it to your template site and not the other way round.

It'll be much easier than trying to get people to link to your template site.

Mike
10-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Yeh, I was thinking about doing a load of webmaster sites and just linking to it.

Thanks for the input:)

chromate
10-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Just have the one webmaster site and have a load of articles on that. It'll be much easier than trying to run loads of sites.

Mike
10-24-2003, 02:28 PM
Do you think it would be as beneficial?

Thanks for your quick responses...

Chris
10-24-2003, 02:35 PM
Multiple sites are necessarily better, especially when you're dealing with just one topic.

Another thing you can do is write articles, signature links bring in traffic and link popularity.

Mike
10-24-2003, 02:38 PM
I may do a few ready for next year then...

As we're on the subject of cross promotion, I've been meaning to ask quite a few questions...

1) Do the domains matter?
2) Should you try and spread PR around the whole site, instead of just the homepage?

Thankyou both for your contributions so far,
Mike