PDA

View Full Version : Which way is best?

deronsizemore
09-14-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm gathering information and hopefully getting ready to design a golf site. It will just be on a one state basis. I'm wondering if you feel it is better to generte all the information yourself IE: database, search funtion, etc...or just get a lisence/partnership to use information off of another site which already has the info you need ready to go? For instance, in a section labeled "course finder" I could gather a list of all courses in the area, build a database, search funtion, etc, or I could just visit a number of websites and get a lisence you use their "course finder" search on my site which will already have the information right there.

Do you think it would take some credibility away from the site and be an insult to some visitors intelligence by doing this? I mean if they come to a site, they want that sites info...not some other sites info. If they wanted the other site's info they could have just surfed there...right?

What do you guys think?

Chris
09-15-2005, 05:08 AM
Your own content is the way to go for long term success.

Cutter
09-15-2005, 06:39 AM
I'm running a golf blog right now with my biz partner. Send me a PM once you are ready to go and I can help you with some content in exchange for links.

deronsizemore
09-15-2005, 06:56 AM
I'm running a golf blog right now with my biz partner. Send me a PM once you are ready to go and I can help you with some content in exchange for links.

Cool, sounds awesome! If you don't mind me asking what is the address to the Golf Blog? I'd like to check it out.

Your own content is the way to go for long term success.

Yeah that is kinda what I figured. Thanks.