PDA

View Full Version : wholesale

thebillionaire
09-14-2005, 06:21 PM
any sites that sell electronics whole sale? canadian or american. Also is this how dollar store types thing work, they buy bulk from whole sale sites and sell them at stores?

michael_gersitz
09-14-2005, 08:53 PM
Dollar stores do do that, but so do all other retailers... they buy products from a wholesaler, and resell them. The difference with dollar stores, are all of there products are real cheap.

Cutter
09-14-2005, 09:20 PM
I think that these dollar stores just buy inventory that never sold somewhere else. The original manufacturer may take a big loss but its better than making nothing at all.

I don't really a whole lot about how retail works. What I can tell you is that if you have the money to buy in bulk you can head over to http://www.alibaba.com/ and make orders directly from the manufacturer.

Yahoo actually just bought a stake in alibaba for over $1 billion -- thats right, they don't even have a majority ownership -- just a stake.

Chris
09-15-2005, 05:09 AM
Importing can be a little complicated. I've done it once and it was quite a headache -- took from August to April to get my product.

chromate
09-15-2005, 09:55 AM
Yahoo actually just bought a stake in alibaba for over $1 billion -- thats right, they don't even have a majority ownership -- just a stake.

That's amazing. I've used Alibaba in the past, and I'm really surprised it's worth that much. I echo what Chris says, importing on a commercial level can get tricky. There are companies that'll handle the paperwork for you though if need be.

Cutter
09-15-2005, 12:08 PM
It definately isn't like ordering something off of Amazon ;)

thebillionaire
09-15-2005, 12:52 PM
does alibaba ship to canada? how long, and is custom taxe added, or do they have a branh in canada.