PDA

View Full Version : Whats happening here?

Cloughie
10-24-2003, 12:12 AM
I have attached my 3 webalizer graphs to this thread for people to see.

They are for the sites:

www.wannabebig.com
www.wannabebigforums.com
www.atlargenutrition.com

My main first worry is the severe drop in traffic for www.wannabebig.com and also the forums this month. Its wierd I think the forums have been ever so busy this month.

Also it claims the forum has more page views, thats rubbish. it cannot be true.

Would deleted the doms logs cause these errors? I have deleted them fairly regularly as they keep filling up the server. I think my host moved the partition recently so this should not be so much of an issue.

Any explanations?

Any better stats software I could use?

Currently I do NO stat analysis and I really should be doing it.

Thanks

Daniel

Cloughie
10-24-2003, 12:13 AM
forums

Cloughie
10-24-2003, 12:13 AM
At Large...

Oh I guess attachments have to be approved ;)

Cloughie
10-24-2003, 12:20 AM
The only other thing I can changed was I lose my most popular on http://dir.yahoo.com/Recreation/Sports/Weightlifting/Bodybuilding/ some times ago.

Would this really cause this amount of damage?

Also how would I go about getting it back>

Cloughie
10-24-2003, 12:32 AM
Also another thing that causes me to question webalizer is I have phpads running.

It says it is serving about 25k a day which would equal something like 750k impressions a month. Thats being served on both sites , apart from a small space which I am serving someone elses ads.

See attached.

Chris
10-24-2003, 06:08 AM
Would deleted the doms logs cause these errors? I have deleted them fairly regularly as they keep filling up the server. I think my host moved the partition recently so this should not be so much of an issue.

Definitely.

Webalizer sucks.

http://www.xav.com/scripts/axs/

If you want to use it let me know and I'll give you my custom php logging module that works with it so you only need to use their admin part.

Cloughie
10-24-2003, 06:12 AM
I will DEFINATELY look into this.

I was well worried in case my traffic really has dropped but by banner software doesn't suggest so.

I will contact you after finding more about AXS.

GCT13
11-18-2003, 02:54 PM
Hi Chris, what do you mean "custom php loggin module"? How's that different from AXS's default javascript piece of code?

General AXS questions, after looking it over:

In AXS, a "hit" = page view?

Looks like AXS only tracks page views?

Thanks.

Chris
11-18-2003, 03:20 PM
The PHP logging module I have allows you to log traffic via server side code which is both faster and more universal than the JS method.

Yes, a hit is a pageview for AXS.

AXS is not a log analyzer, it makes it's own logs, so it only logs things you set it to log.

You can set it to log requests for images and things like that if you really really want to.

GCT13
11-18-2003, 03:32 PM
I've installed it and like what I see. Very nice.

Not interested in images, I was wondering if you can track visits and unique visitors?

Chris
11-18-2003, 03:34 PM
Oh, it does track uniques.

You can figure them out by viewing "Average Number of Hits Per Visitor" and then dividing the total hits by the average.

GCT13
11-18-2003, 03:44 PM
Ah-ha. Thanks!