PDA

View Full Version : Simple accounting software

Westech
09-02-2005, 08:51 AM
I've been running my sites from a spreadsheet for way too long. I'm wondering what you guys use to keep track of your income and expenses.

Basically, I need something very simple that will keep track of each expense as I pay it, each bit of income as I receive it, and spit out various reports on gross revenue, gross expenses, and net profit by month, quarter, or year.

I've been considering packages such as Quickbooks, Quicken, and MS Money. Many of them look too complicated for what I want. I don't need to track payroll or anything like that, just track income and expenses.

Anyone have any recommendations? Anyone here use anything other than a spreadsheet or a spiral notebook?

Chris
09-02-2005, 12:52 PM
Its a fairly simple PHP application to write yourself.

thebillionaire
09-02-2005, 03:12 PM
spreadsheets are probably the easiest

pas
09-02-2005, 07:23 PM
I've been considering packages such as Quickbooks, Quicken, and MS Money. Many of them look too complicated for what I want. I don't need to track payroll or anything like that, just track income and expenses.
I've tried all those, and just ended up using spreadsheets again. And TurboTax.

jas_tech06
03-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Quicken will be the ideal choice for home users, i.e if you do not have large accounting data. You can also try QuickBooks Basic. Try with the free trial and settle down on the application which is handy for you. Please make sure that you use this online backup for quicken and quickbooks (http://www.ibackup.com/quicken/) as a disaster management solution.

bbolte
03-09-2006, 07:17 AM
I've been using QuickBooks for about 3 years. It works well enough for me, although I doubt I'm using all the features available in it.