PDA

View Full Version : How was your August?

MarkB
08-31-2005, 01:14 PM
I know I do one of these every month (or someone does), but I think they're good to help cheer each other on :)

Anyway - August?

Best. Month. Ever.

I was hoping to clear $300 for the month; I managed to bring in almost $430 :)

August's Amazon income was more than May/June/July combined.

And thanks to some changes in ad layouts, Adsense was more than double what July provided (and that was my best month ever!).

How about you?

moonshield
08-31-2005, 01:16 PM
best month ever too. Yea!

Mike
08-31-2005, 01:35 PM
Yeah, August has been going great :)

Chris
08-31-2005, 01:41 PM
A good 20% more off adsense in august than in July. September should put August to shame though.

Amazon revenue up as well, doubled from July, thanks to my TV site -- could be up even more except quite a few TVs haven't shipped yet.

Can't really tell Tribal Fusion as their reporting is down. Other adnetworks seemed to mirror Adsense's improvement.

Ecommerce was up as well.

Not my best month ever by a longshot though.

davesplace1
08-31-2005, 02:52 PM
My August was much better than last year at this time. AdSense eCPM was up, FastClick was ok. Schools in and September should be great.

Kate
08-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Well, my first month in the website industry. I made $0.78 from Adsense! I guess you have to start somewhere :).

James
08-31-2005, 03:52 PM
$13 more than last month, bringing me up to $31 bucks. It's not much, but it's 90% cheatfire.com which doesn't have fantastic CTR or CPC.

r2d2
08-31-2005, 04:50 PM
I was hoping to clear $300 for the month; I managed to bring in almost $430 :)

Good work! Somewhere around $380 for me. Adsense 10% down on last month - a little worrying that everyone else has done well on it!

Cutter
08-31-2005, 05:46 PM
Best month yet, $257 more than July.

AndyH
08-31-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah good. Site membership sales were up. :)

LuckyShima
08-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Adsense eCPM continues to increase. There is no doubt that more people want to advertise on google and therefore it is becoming more competitive. It seems that many businesses equate 'internet marketing' with having an ad on google, so this is good for adsense revenue.

jaybird691
08-31-2005, 08:22 PM
Of course, last month I only made 6 cents with Adsense but this month I made 50 cents. One of my sites is only two months old while the other is only a month. I am starting to see more clicks on my affiliates but haven't made any sales yet. Amazon has surprised me in that I have quite a few clicks but no sales. It is all about time and patience. My manager site earns better money with Adsense than my Social Studies site and is well ranked in MSN which helps. 100% of search engiine traffic comes from Yahoo and MSN and doing well.
I only hope to do as well as all of you as I continue to learn from all of you and continuously work to improve the content and look of my sites.

I really need to begin learning stuff like PHP and HTML so I can do more as well as SQL.

sandman
08-31-2005, 08:33 PM
Great! The first month I have ever made anything.

Adsense was about $51 for the month and Amazon was about $85 for the last two weeks. I've added 44 for Store sections since then so I'm hoping that the next few months will be nice.

Just got this place up today: http://www.whizshopper.com

Still need some work on the Portal though.

Its kinds fun doing this stuff. :D

Doug
08-31-2005, 09:38 PM
In terms of traffic, my Strange Facts site got 355 more uniques this month than last month. Strangely though, my adsense revenue is half what it was last month. My ctr has not changed, if it has, it has slightly gone up. The rates have just dropped for some reason with me. I hope to see a big increase next month with school in. Its already been noticible in the last week.

pas
08-31-2005, 10:12 PM
All my earnings took a hit in August. Expect for Amazon, which continued to grow. I think the blame lies with decreased traffic due to vacations, and my server being somewhat overloaded (which I recently partially remedied, after which earnings increased back to normal). Looking forward to Sept.

Todd W
08-31-2005, 11:22 PM
August was better than July by a couple hundred bucks, nothing major. I alsmost reached my goal of 500,000 uniques on a single site! Next month for sure as i`ve noticed my graphs are goign up :D

pas
09-01-2005, 12:20 AM
I alsmost reached my goal of 500,000 uniques on a single site!
Wow, which site?

Blue Cat Buxton
09-01-2005, 01:05 AM
Not so good for me, adsense down but then I haven't had the time to push my sites as I should have. In fact it was better than I expected

MarkB
09-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Blue, I haven't pushed my sites (the ones using Adsense) either, I just changed around the formats of the ads to use more link units. Within a day I saw a marked increase in revenue. Give it a go :)

chromate
09-01-2005, 05:21 AM
Not too bad for me. Adsense is performing a bit better. Possibly due to the change where not all ad slots have to be filled? Still not as good as it should be though.

Affiliate sales still strong. Banner advertising was better than in July. So, all round, better really - but still not pleased! :)

Blue Cat Buxton
09-01-2005, 05:24 AM
Thats interesting Mark - I had actally taken link units off :(

I did make some adsense tweaks at the end of July which improved things and is why August was better than I had feared. But I will look to adding / putting back the link units!

moonshield
09-01-2005, 05:47 PM
adsense is pulling really good numbers for me. On sites I would not suspect it would too. CTRs are high and per click I am doing pretty well.

ozgression
09-01-2005, 06:07 PM
Blue, I haven't pushed my sites (the ones using Adsense) either, I just changed around the formats of the ads to use more link units. Within a day I saw a marked increase in revenue. Give it a go :)

Which link unit size did you use?

AndyH
09-01-2005, 06:58 PM
Actually, after going over my stats I did alot better than I thought. Nearly 5 figures this month from site membership fees, from just one of my site. :)

In recent times this has been going up and up which is great as it is completely optional.

thebillionaire
09-01-2005, 07:40 PM
very good this month for my site, my fourth month for my site and I went to 75,000 impressions which is pretty good

r2d2
09-01-2005, 11:41 PM
very good this month for my site, my fourth month for my site and I went to 75,000 impressions which is pretty good

Can I ask which site this is?

michael_gersitz
09-02-2005, 08:15 AM
August was not that good of a month for me. It turns out I only made about $450 from online revenue. booo. compared to my July which I made 4 figures... This month I am shooting for about $1400.. which should be easily achieveable with the release of my new network. :)

cameron
09-02-2005, 01:34 PM
August was better than July and June in terms of US income, but with the conversion rate right now I'm only seeing a small increase once it's converted to CAD.

thebillionaire
09-02-2005, 03:05 PM
August was better than July and June in terms of US income, but with the conversion rate right now I'm only seeing a small increase once it's converted to CAD.

agreed, the canadian dollar rising is screwing me up to the value of Us isnt as much when converted and nothing has gotten any cheaper to balance it, and the inflation rose by 2% this summer