PDA

View Full Version : Crazy GOOGLE SERPSs

vatsia
08-23-2005, 11:26 AM
Hello,
i am trying to check through google how many sites of a specific (AWS) domain are indexed. For about a month using the site:domain.com term i got 1650, yesterday i got 1620 , today 11200 (!) and a few minutes ago again 1620 :( . Same happens to another domain that went from 50 to 10000 and back to 50 sites.

I have noticed no changes on my adsense revenue nor on the number of visitors i get everyday no matter how many the indexed pages are.

I just wanted to ask if there is a reason for the different number of indexed sites google returns, if this number is real and , in case of AWS sites, if there is a way to be sure that your site can be fully indexed ?

r2d2
08-23-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, I get that too. Cookery online has been upto 22,000 for ages but now down to about 600 :(

Doesnt seem to make much difference to traffic - I havent studied it closely though...

vatsia
08-23-2005, 12:50 PM
I don't know if it is nowadays possible to start a AWS site and get fully indexed ... :( But, when i read the topic where Chris was talking about his new tv site (more than 8000 pages indexed) i am getting more and more confused ... :eek:

paul
08-23-2005, 12:57 PM
I follow several of my sites in the digitalpoint keyword tracker and have come to believe much of what you see is a random factor based on the datacenter you happen to hit. For the last few weeks my long established site (1999) seems to come and go. One day I will be #3 or 4 for my main keyword and the next day I am not listed.

My income fluctuates much less, so I have to believe that for the most part the site is visible at most datacenters.

davesplace1
08-23-2005, 08:19 PM
Leave it to Google to keep things intresting :)

vatsia
08-24-2005, 04:36 AM
Leave it to Google to keep things intresting :)

It's about calculating the risk for your business. If there is no known rule google works by , we have to make assumptions using experiments to predict Google behaviour. :)