PDA

View Full Version : Reason for requesting price from Buy**Domains

LuckyShima
08-23-2005, 04:17 AM
Has anyone requested the price of a domain name from Buy**Domains when they don't already have a price on it?

They give you an inquisition about your company name, your URL, and the reason you want to buy the domain.

What do you put in the reason you want to buy the domain? Does anyone put in that they have found a reason why the domain name is worth $1 million so could they please have a quote for it? or do they say "I am Donald Trump and I am going to give it to my new girlfriend for a birthday present, so how much does it cost?"

I always put some story about how I want to use it to help starving people.

What is it with Buy**Domains asking why you want to buy the domain when you are asking for a quote for how much they will sell it for?

Chris
08-23-2005, 05:10 AM
So they can charge you more.

LuckyShima
08-23-2005, 05:15 AM
Yeah that's why I say something like I want it so I can help starving people, I just wondered if anyone actually told them their actual business plan for the name they were enquiring about. I suppose some suckers would.

MarkB
08-23-2005, 05:43 AM
I'd say "So I can own it". :)

James
08-23-2005, 06:19 PM
Because I'm attracted to shiny objects, and assume that a domain name, were it a physical object, would be similar to polished metal with a bright light shining on it.

Cutter
08-24-2005, 01:06 PM
Basically, yes, it is so they can make more money.

To be more specific it weeds out requests from people who don't really have the cash -- and it helps them understand the domain market better, overall.