PDA

View Full Version : SEO Overkill????

shim
08-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Issue One:

I've noticed that if some of my competition have an article on winterizing your car, for example, they will have this at the beginning of the article:

In this article: Radiator flushing, anti-freeze / coolants, winter tires, road side emergency kits

or

In this article you will learn about: Radiator flushing, anti-freeze / coolants, winter tires, road side emergency kits.

What do you think of this?

Issue Two:

This is on a competitors front page:

Here are a few of ********.com's top search phrases: Car Pictures, Car Event, Car Show, Car Rating Site, Car Rating, Fast and Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious car pictures & many others!On ******.com you'll find a huge selection of car pictures, no matter if it was built in the early 1900's all the way to 2006 car pictures you'll find it here! If you are looking for a body kit for your car, look no further chances are *********.com will have a picture of the exact custom car you are looking for! You will find plenty of Corvette pictures on our website, here are a few of the models: Z06, C6, C5, ZR1, Callaway Corvette, 2006 corvette, 1967 corvette and much more! We have plenty of other domestic cars listed on ******.com as well such as the Dodge Viper, Ford Concept Cars, cadillac escalade, ford truck, ford focus, cadillac cts, chrysler pt cruiser, mclaren car, dodge truck, dodge ram, dodge charger, ford mustang, Ford Focus, chevy impala, Dodge Neon, and many more! You'll find used car prices, old cars, kit cars, car reviews, modified cars & even wallpaper on **********.com!

We have a lot of foreign cars listed on our website as well. Here are a few of the models listed: Ferrari, enzo ferrari, lolo Ferrari, ferrari picture, ferrari car, ferrari F50, ferrari modena, acura nsx, acura nsx, nissan skyline picture, nissan 350z picture, nissan motor, audi tt, audi a4, audi s4, bmw m3 picture, bmw z4, & many more. We have some sexy exotic cars as well, here are just a few: lamborghini diablo picture, lamborghini murcielago, land rover, hummer, panoz, panoz car, porsche 911, porsche 944, , lingenfelter corvette, & more!We also have some of the clean European Cars such as: mercedes benz e class, mercedes benz c class, volkswagen beetle, volkswagen jetta, volkswagen gti, & some of them are serious low riders! Be sure to check them out - just rate the car pictures & you'll see what we're talking about!

We also have some insane body kits on some of the following rides: honda civic, civic, honda civic si, acura integra, integra type r, integra mazda rx7, mazda rx 7, mazda 6, modified mitsubishi eclipse, mitsubishi car, mitsubishi outlander, mini, porsche picture, toyota supra, toyota celica, toyota 4runner, modified subaru wrx, modified subaru impreza, lowrider trucks, lowrider car pictures,,car body kit, and a few kit cars! We support Ebay Motors & hope you will too - we also have plenty of used cars listing on our sites - used autos, auto accessories & more, just search around & you'll find them! Our site is loaded up with custom car show pictures, auto restoration pictures, lowriders, car clubs, corvette events, corvette shows, performance parts & more

If you are seeking car wax, look no further we have a best car wax review right here on our site. We used and tested some special car care products such as Meguiars, Turtle & many other brands and came up with what we feel is the best car care products available at great prices, so be sure to check them out. We also think of our site as an online car show - import car shows, custom car shows, low rider car shows, drag racing car shows, sexy women contest, performance car shows and more all under one roof! We also recommend checking out our tremendous beauty contest area which include girl pictures, women pictures, beautiful women, exotic women, sexy women,hot sexy women, thong pictures, bikini pictures and more! We hope you enjoy *********.com - please be sure to tell your friends about the place you saw some of the best car pictures on the internet!

What do you think of this?

Thanks in advance.

LuckyShima
08-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Yes it looks a bit spammy, but if it works, what's the problem? There is much worse above me in the rankings.

James
08-21-2005, 04:43 PM
I don't think that listing the top search phrases is very good. Personally, I'd prefer my visitors find the page they're looking for, so they can be happy, if not just for the fact that it may have ads that are more targetted for them to click on.

Cutter
08-21-2005, 09:23 PM
This was an old SEO technique way back in the day (I wish I understood how much money people were making back then!) Everyone says its not a good idea anymore -- yet I continue to see professional site with pretty good rankings doing this -- and they are getting traffic because I keep ending up on those pages.

James
08-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I've been around for a while. I've seen a lot of webmasters complaining that their site suddenly stops getting mucho traffico, but when I look at their site, it's just stuffed with keywords. If it's working right now, it won't in a short period of time; if you'll all remember how popular doorway pages used to be. The same tried and true techniques will never fail, so just stick to the basics.

thebillionaire
08-21-2005, 10:52 PM
they will probably get blocked or atleast penalized

Chris
08-22-2005, 06:28 AM
Sometimes these things are used for internal site searches though. I've seen public libraries/government institutions do this for their internal site search system

Mike Robinson
09-10-2005, 12:34 PM
It definitely works for quick rankings (that die quick) and a quick buck from first time viewers of the website. I just can't imagine that a visitor bookmarking or coming back to those kinds of sites ever again.

Why? No relevant content, no tips, no articles to learn from, no "tune in for tomorrow's tip" by content.

Regards,

Mike
San Diego, Ca

dondor
09-12-2005, 04:24 PM
as I've noticed so far, these links works pretty good, even in google.
Although spamming known to work best in Yahoo, I've found a couple of sites that use this method of "site-map" on the front page or even on any page in their site.

giving too much links from each page reduces the page rank they generate for the directed page, so they better be used wisely.
I had a site containing 5 pages directing at eachother and it recieved a PR4 on the first google update.

dondor

peach
01-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I've been around for a while. I've seen a lot of webmasters complaining that their site suddenly stops getting mucho traffico, but when I look at their site, it's just stuffed with keywords. If it's working right now, it won't in a short period of time; if you'll all remember how popular doorway pages used to be. The same tried and true techniques will never fail, so just stick to the basics.
If you cloack them proper the technique still works well, it's just more dangerous because many competing SEOs know how to spot a website that uses cloacked doorway pages.