PDA

View Full Version : Do banner exchanges work?

incka
10-22-2003, 03:31 AM
I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice, because I've made a very eyecatching banner that will have an high CTR, but I don't have the money to put it on an ad network. It for my new music video site. So would banner exchanges be a good idea? And if so, which ones?

Kyle
10-22-2003, 08:48 AM
If you have the space available to insert a banner on your site, then go for it. See how it does, and you can always stop whenever. What do you have to lose?

Chris
10-22-2003, 11:28 AM
Free banner exchanges usually do not perform well (for the advertisers) because your ads are rarely targetted and the volume is usually very low.

incka
10-23-2003, 02:24 AM
What if I used a targetted one, such as one for just music sites, or a large one like the one microsoft runs which allows you to pick which website categories your banner gets shown on?

Chris
10-23-2003, 06:05 AM
Thats better for targetting, but still not the greatest because in general the requirements to get into such an exchange are very low.

incka
10-23-2003, 10:55 AM
The problem is because I have about 10,000 pages on this website that I'm developing, I can't just get rid of the 2 728x(90 i think) IFrames on every page, and I need something there, so what should I put there? I'm leaving the top one blank, but the one at the bottom would be good for banner exchanges or linking to my other sites, although I could use it to promote other areas of the site...

ColinWhite
07-25-2008, 03:22 PM
Hi Incka

Some banner exchanges I have tired work really well, while others... well, don't.

We got some reasonable results from the UK banner exchange hit4hit.co.uk (http://www.hit4hit.co.uk) who have a 1 for 1 ratio with backlinks from the web directory and 15 different banner sizes. hit4hit is a Uk website, so may not help you if you are international, although they seem to offer country targeting. Oh, and they offer quite a few target categories.

We used to run an MP3 site that was acquired quite recently. We had banner exchange banners in the footer of every page across all categories. We simply had a different banner account with each banner exchange for each category. Thus appealing to each category audience. I guess that's one solution?

Hope that helps

Colin

michaelm
07-30-2008, 03:58 PM
Sometimes, I'm bit biased because i run one on my site www.pwnguide.com, but adexchanged.com so far seems pretty good it fits well with my paying ads and I get traffic from it. Second most right after traffic from google search

TryUsOut
08-04-2008, 07:22 AM
banner exchanges is a way to target your audience so long as you exchange it with a relevant niche site. If its free, then you got nothing to lose - just make sure you get a good visibility on the page where your banner would appear.

anukulkijoy
08-08-2008, 02:24 AM
www.speakeasylkme.blogspot.com

brianp
11-08-2008, 05:12 PM
They definitly work. You can check out this article on [URL="http://www.officialonlinebusinessreviews.com/advertising-your-website/do-free-banner-exchanges-really-work/"]banner exchanges[/URL