PDA

View Full Version : Ever get e-mails from people who buy something from an advertiser's site?

Cutter
08-18-2005, 07:39 PM
To date, I've recieved 2 e-mails from people who purchased things from an Adsense link -- and then ask me why they haven't recieved their items. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Maybe this particular site just attracts really dumb people :D

eMEraLdwPn
08-18-2005, 08:46 PM
i know a lot of people who have AWS sites have the same problem. i don't understand how people can not pay attention to what site they're buying something from...

James
08-18-2005, 08:51 PM
It's pretty sad. I think it's probably just that same crowd that falls for Phishing email scams.

Blue Cat Buxton
08-19-2005, 01:21 AM
Yeh I get the odd request from my AWS sites, but usually people wanting to know if such and such can be shipped to x or y or z and can they send me cash etc

Blue Cat Buxton
08-19-2005, 01:37 AM
Right on que, I get this today ....

GOOD DAY TO THIS COMPANY, I AM DR,LUIS ROBBIN IMPORTER AND EXPORTER, I WANT TO PLACE AN ORDER FROM YOUR STORE AND I CAN FOUND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON YOUR WEBSITE THROUGH SEARCHING AND THE ORDER WILL BE SHIP TO MY CLIENT, LUKE CRAWFORD IN LAGOS ISLAND NIGERIA AND I WILL LIKE TO ASK YOU FIRST IF YOU SHIP TO NIGERIA IF SO CAN I GO AHEAD TO PLACE THE ORDER AND I WILL MAKE THE PAYMENT THROUGH AN ISSUED CREDIT CARD FOR THE PAYMENT ALSO THE SHIPPING WILL BE DHL,TNT OR FEDEX (EMS)2-5 DAYS.
COURIER, WAIT TO HEAR FROM YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE(ASAP) THANKS.
REGARD,
DR, LUIS ROBBIN ,
SALES REPRESENTATIVE STORE
INTERNATIONAL NIGERIA

Nice use of caps as well

chromate
08-19-2005, 05:02 AM
I used to get loads of stupid emails. Answer... remove email address from website.

Chris
08-19-2005, 07:01 AM
I get those too. Since I sell GPS & nightvision stuff too I'll get someone from pakistan wanting to buy 100 sets or whatever, ya right.

ozgression
08-19-2005, 06:36 PM
I get those too. Since I sell GPS & nightvision stuff too I'll get someone from pakistan wanting to buy 100 sets or whatever, ya right.

:eek: Hmmm... that's not good.

Emancipator
08-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I have had people who have bought dvds from their local video store, and something is wrong with it. they then google it, get me, click on the "submit an update" and tear me a new one and demand a refund.

People like these need to be sent camping. They are the first to get eaten by lions I am sure.... and I mean camping in Alaska, becaue if anyone could attacked by a lion in Alaska its these winners.

James
08-20-2005, 03:24 AM
I have had people who have bought dvds from their local video store, and something is wrong with it. they then google it, get me, click on the "submit an update" and tear me a new one and demand a refund.
Hahaha what are these people even thinking? That you're affiliated with every store on the planet?

moonshield
08-20-2005, 10:11 AM
haha that is the funniest thing I have seen In a while.

polspoel
08-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Not really someone who bought something from another site, but funny nonetheless :)

Apparently this guy believed one of those ads that says 'you're the millionth person viewing this page! You won a prize!'

hi I am _______ from ________ yesterday i visited your adress and I was the 1 million person ,so it said that I won a prize I contacted with the operator but I dont have much money to talk cause it cost a lot from _______.Could you be gentel and tel more infomation about that prize that says that it is a vacation about 4 people and a sume of money.But I dont to have that vacation cause I dont have the possibilities so can I get anything please inform me my adress is :______@hotmail.com
mobile phone +_____ your sincerily ________

Chris
08-20-2005, 12:03 PM
I've gotten a few emails from people like that.

Masetek
08-20-2005, 04:11 PM

Hahaha! How do these ppl get thu every day life?

Cutter
08-20-2005, 08:04 PM
In some ways I feel like an arrogant prick for laughing at these people like that. After all, there are plenty of things which I completely suck at on the same scale as them. I always respond and say, hey sorry, I don't sell anything... send this e-mail to the person you actually purchased the item from.

James
08-21-2005, 01:34 AM
Well, c'mon. A lot of stuff that has to do with computers is fairly straight forward.

I walk into a store, see a movie, I don't think that Rogers Video filmed the movie, I don't think they're the guys in charge of putting it on a disk and making the case for it.