PDA

View Full Version : Videos For Download

Doug
08-15-2005, 11:39 PM
When having videos for download on my site, how do I avoid the user getting sent to an error page when they click the video to be downloaded. The video will still download but the browser tries to go to the page that the link says. I want the video to start downloading after someone clicks the link while they stay on the current page.

michael_gersitz
08-16-2005, 09:05 AM
link to the .wmv file from the page.

Doug
08-16-2005, 11:41 PM
for the link I have <a href="blahblahblah.wmv">Video</a>

When someone clicks on video, it starts downloading, that's not my problem. I want it to stay on the page it was on and start the download. It goes to an error page. What do you mean by link to the .wmv file from the page? Do you mean do what I explained above or something different?

James
08-17-2005, 02:59 AM
Don't think into it any further than just linking it. Your only other options are having Javascript take care of it, or have it embedded into the page.

But personally, I prefer having it linked to as a .wmv file.

Doug
08-17-2005, 04:22 PM
I just didn't want people thinking it wasn't going to work when it took them to the error page and just leaving.

James
08-17-2005, 08:17 PM
I don't get an error page when I click on a .wmv file.

Doug
08-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Go to this page, xbox 360 (http://www.halo2hints.com/xbox360.php), and click on the video button. You'll see what I am talking about. I would like it to just stay at the page.

James
08-17-2005, 10:54 PM
No I won't, because my browser doesn't suck. Just leave the link as is, and everything'll be fine. Otherwise you could be restricting people's ability to view the video.