PDA

View Full Version : MSN and Zeal

emke
10-21-2003, 05:49 PM
I've been listed in Zeal and have received great traffic from MSN because of that. Suddenly a couple of days ago almost all the traffic from MSN vanished.

Does anyone know what's going on?

I haven't made any significant changes to my pages.

Chris
10-21-2003, 06:39 PM
Did your Zeal listing change?

Shawn
10-21-2003, 06:45 PM
At least you can get into MSN.

If the site in your signature is the site in Zeal, what the hell is going on? They list that "sites that contain information about products is considered commercial domain." You ALSO have AdSense.

Odd.

chromate
10-22-2003, 06:32 AM
My site's been turned down for being "commercial". Stupid thing is, there's nothing commercial on my site at all. I'm making no money from it all. Apparently what the editor didn't like was the fact that I had outgoing links to some commercial sites in my links section. Not affiliate links, just plain normal links.

So yeah, if you managed to get listed whilst running adsense - well done! Heh

emke
10-23-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by Chris
Did your Zeal listing change?

no.

I was accepted into Zeal long before I included Adsense. I really don't understand what's going on.

Chris
10-23-2003, 08:49 AM
Maybe MSN got more sponsored listings for your keywords.

miscanthus
10-30-2003, 09:50 PM
If you read the Zeal rules carefully you will see that there are ways around being classified as commercial. They suggest you submit non-commercial pages. I did that and got all the sites I submitted into the directory.

chromate
10-31-2003, 03:35 AM
I've taken down any commercial links I had in my links section and re-submitted last night. However, I can't seem to actually find any categories for my site that have PR above 0. Or is that just me? :)