PDA

View Full Version : content site

thebillionaire
08-13-2005, 02:50 PM
for a content site is it better to have all the information in one page, or have sepearte pages to have a good seo

Pulse
08-13-2005, 03:07 PM
Check out http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3320 :)

Emancipator
08-14-2005, 04:13 AM
i couldnt see any value in having everthing on one page for readers.. i focus on readers, not seo. 50% of my traffic comes from word of mouth..and the rest is search engines... good content will bring em in..

Cutter
08-14-2005, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't put the *entire* site on one page, but I would try to put all of a specifc topic's info on one page.

Here is an interesting tip I read on a link-builing blog.. putting a bunch of content on a single page makes other people more likely to link to that page if asked.

Its a tricky subject. Just test things out and see what works for you.

Chris
08-14-2005, 07:31 AM
I don't buy that tip.

People are more likely to link to resources they find useful. How is the first page of a 10 page article less useful than a really long article that could be 10 pages? If anything the paginated articles might have an edge in usability. Breaking up content helps in content digestion and studies have shown that people dislike to scroll for a long time.

Emancipator
08-14-2005, 08:00 AM
i contemplated breaking up large articles into smaller ones spread across pages but i saw no value to my reader.. just more page hits for me.. so i didnt go that route but i did think about it often.

James
08-14-2005, 11:25 PM
Most blogs will link to short things, they just want to talk about short segments rather than the entire article. If they want to talk about the whole thing theyn they'll link to the first page of it.

Nobody likes large pages, either. Split up your articles.

Cutter
08-15-2005, 08:13 AM
I must be the only one here who likes articles on one page. I've read gigantic articles before that took over an hour. But, if it was split up I would never have seen the end in sight.. and wouldn't have finished reading it.

John
08-15-2005, 08:18 AM
Thats a good point Cutter, I don't mind if an article is split up into multiple pages as long as I know what page I'm on (ex. 2 0f 5).