PDA

View Full Version : What does SEO stand for?

Bobson
10-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Probaly a dumb question, probaly know what it is and never abbreviated it, So what is SEO?

Shawn
10-21-2003, 08:38 AM
Search Engine Optimization - Optimizing your site for search engines.

Bobson
10-21-2003, 09:33 AM
Thanks, I never called it by that name

mcfun61
10-21-2003, 01:53 PM
Speaking of S.E.O. have you found that keywords "wear-out". I have read the articles and used tools like overture. a couple of times I was lucky but after about 3 weeks they were unproductive. My website has wide appeal and multi interest. I wished I could fix it and forget it. I have primarily been using google.

Chris
10-21-2003, 03:50 PM
You need to explain what you mean by "wear-out" more indepth? It sounds like you're talking more about SEM (Search Engine Marketing) rather than SEO.

mcfun61
10-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Maybe it is sem. but what I was reffering to was bidding on keywords in google. I know you cant select very popular broad words like "recipe" becuase they cost to much. But some times I will find a word and it will work well like click through rate or ratio of 3.something. for several days or weeks than you get an email saying the word fell below and they are suspending it. Basically I would like to be able to set my budget pick some words and leave it alone. Does this help explain my dilema?

Chris
10-21-2003, 04:58 PM
You simply need to understand that Google Adwords can fluctuate alot in their performance. Your listing is not static, it is directly affected by other listings. So the actions of your competitors can have a direct affect on the CTR rate of your ad.

You simply need to edit your ad or find another keyword until you figure out what works. My first few ads I ran with Adwords all failed.

mcfun61
10-21-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks, I'm almost ready to try again