PDA

View Full Version : google playing around with my adsense layout

LuckyShima
08-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I am relatively happy with my CTR (nowhere near enough clicks overall though), but google has started playing around with my layout.

One section I have the adsense box displaying two text ads side by side. Now google has started serving up a single ad in this box, with the full adsense code including website address.

Also, I think that adsense has lately been slowing down my site significantly.

Why don't they just leave things alone? Is anyone else getting adsense served up differently from what they coded for?

AndyH
08-07-2005, 11:27 PM
Probably trying new things to keep momentum with their program because of Yahoo!.

r2d2
08-08-2005, 12:15 AM
Thats probably this (http://www.websitepublisher.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3574) effect you are seeing. They are trying to improve your CTR :)

LuckyShima
08-08-2005, 02:02 AM
thanks r2d2, i was starting to take it personally.

anyway if they want me to make more money they should just increase my eCPM rather than worry about my CTR :p

James
08-08-2005, 02:09 AM
They want to make money, too. Don't think that they are doing this just to spite you :P

Course, they're also not your b*tch, so can set their own cut of the booty.

Chris
08-08-2005, 05:49 AM
One section I have the Adsense box displaying two text ads side by side. Now google has started serving up a single ad in this box, with the full Adsense code including website address.

These are often CPM ads.