PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Publishers in beta now!

Nintendo
08-03-2005, 01:04 AM
http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/scp/viewer/index.php?loc=USYPN0011&client_id=5468&event_id=15952

Now the new challenge is geting in.

James
08-03-2005, 01:51 AM
Those wankers made it US-only. *throat punches Yahoo!*

chromate
08-03-2005, 02:30 AM
Nintendo, hasn't the beta program been running for a while now? I think I may have even filled in that form ages ago, not noticing the "US only" bit at the top.

James, the people that get selected for beta testing will likely have very high traffic sites. When they open the program to other publishers, it'll probably hopefully be worldwide. Better be - I need an alternative to Google. SearchFeed just didn't quite cut it in the end.

MarkB
08-03-2005, 03:38 AM
Any company like this which restricts membership to any one territory deserves failure, IMO. It's not 1996 anymore.

AndyH
08-03-2005, 05:15 AM
As far as i'm aware this is nothing knew. I signed up to the beta months ago.

As for being U.S only, it is a beta. It is doubtful when it is released it will be U.S only - that wouldn't make sense on their behalf.

chromate
08-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Particularly if they use geo targeting... which I'm sure they do.

chrispian
08-03-2005, 08:11 AM
They just started opening the beta officially today. People were accepted earlier, but they just started publishing the ads for non-employee beta today.

Generalissimo
08-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Any company like this which restricts membership to any one territory deserves failure, IMO. It's not 1996 anymore.

I'm in total agreement.

Cutter
08-03-2005, 09:25 AM
My guess is that the restriction is due to legal & tax issues. Once its out of beta there is no way it will be US only.

Billyray
08-03-2005, 03:41 PM
This is the email from Yahoo re YPN:

Dear David,

Today, Yahoo! Publisher Network launched a new self-serve platform that will provide small- and medium-sized web publishers with easy access to Yahoo! advertising and content. We're very excited about our new offering, not only because it will enable a broader set of publishers to generate revenue from their sites, but also because it can offer publishers access to many of Yahoo!'s other products and properties.

The Yahoo! Publisher Network self-serve platform is currently available as an invitation-only beta. If you haven't received an invitation yet, please be assured that we will be extending additional invitations over the course of the coming weeks and months. Our goal is to learn from the feedback we receive during the initial beta period, refine the platform and add new features, then open the program up to the general publishing community before the end of the year.

We're looking forward to working with you to build a strong and successful community through the Yahoo! Publisher Network.

Sincerely,

The Yahoo! Publisher Network Team

moonshield
08-03-2005, 03:44 PM
I received the same email, looks like an exciting development.

chromate
08-03-2005, 04:27 PM
I just got the same email. Hope it goes smoothly for them and it comes out of beta fast! :) Can't wait to experiment with it.

Nintendo
08-04-2005, 12:02 AM
As far as i'm aware this is nothing knew. I signed up to the beta months ago.

If this is nothing 'knew', why is Yahoo E-Mailing every one, AFTER this thread was made? LOL, I'm even faster than the slow as a slug Yahoo! :D:D:D:D All you signed up for many moons ago, was to get contacted when they had updates, like today!

Rumor has it that there only leting in 2,000 sites.

davesplace1
08-04-2005, 02:32 PM
In my book AdSense is still the king of text advertising. Still any other networks are welcome to take them on :)

Emancipator
08-04-2005, 05:57 PM
very interesting.... what all has been done with the new yahoo program? What sort of features/etc or is it pretty much still closed testing?

r2d2
08-05-2005, 11:13 AM
The $1million Adsense dude has a preview of the YPN (http://www.jensense.com/) for us without it.

Nintendo
09-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Any one get accepted yet? Remember the Google invites on ebay? Now there doing the same thing with YPN.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Yahoo-Publisher-Network-Invite_W0QQitemZ5240458718

Chris
09-13-2005, 07:39 PM
I've been accepted yes, am working out a test system then I'll write a review.

polspoel
09-14-2005, 12:04 AM
I've been accepted but live in Europe :) So I could sell it but I probably won't since they possibly keep track of the original URL they intended to invite by way of the beta URL..