PDA

View Full Version : If you want a good laugh..

Cutter
07-21-2005, 08:05 PM
I don't regularly read Slashdot anymore because of topics just like this one:
http://slashdot.org/articles/05/07/21/124230.shtml?tid=217&tid=187&tid=98&tid=95&tid=1

The article itself is fine, its the comments that are dumb. If you are really interested in making money don't spend too much time in negative online communities. Get a few ideas, and leave.

Basically its an article about type-in domain speculation. The people posting can't differentiate between SE spammers, SE optimizers, Domain speculators, Adsense, or Domain parkers like Sedo.

Here is what one guy said:

"I read an article a while back that says that anyone who does anything purely for the purposes of making their websites show up higher on search engine results than they should are scammers. I believe it. No matter how whitehat you are, if you're trying to beat the system, you're a scammer. period."

my reply:

"So if a webmaster converts his flash website into pure html so that Google can index his site and boost his ranking, he's a scammer? If you want to make blanket statements like that, then I'll make a blanket statement about you -- you don't have a damn clue what you are talking about."

Goodnight guys :D

moonshield
07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
let us not encourage these technically competant people... let them live in their world of pessimism.

ozgression
07-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Agreed. Better rankings and less competition for us.

James
07-21-2005, 10:52 PM
What you said certainly isn't a blanket statement--if I'm right in my assumption on what the word means.