PDA

View Full Version : One of the Secrets of Wealth

dvduval
07-17-2005, 05:15 PM
Here is a lesson my grandfather told me that has always stuck with me.

"Give to others, because you truly want to help them without worry about what you might get in return. Over the years you'll find the rewards to be far greater than anything you ever imagined."

As I've gotten older, and tried to apply these wise words, even in my business dealings, I've made some wonderful contacts, and built a huge base of support.

Here is one example, one time someone asked me what they thought could be done to imporve a site. They didn't ask me to do any work. They just wanted me to take a look. The design was really ugly, and I thought they needed to change it as soon as possible, so I spent several hours creating a new design, and sent them a jpg the next day. I went on to make $60,000+ with that person.

I'd love to hear your stories about generosity and giving to others has paid off.

James
07-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Well, I stole a Spider-Man golfball from a little kid. He dropped it and therefore went chasing after it--if I'd let him keep it then he'd have probably ended up doing the same, but getting hit by a car!

It's now my pride and joy, and has provided hours of entertainment.

Cutter
07-17-2005, 07:39 PM
January 2004, I was on a surfer message board. One of the guys asked what kinds of advertising programs he should try on his site. I suggested he try this thing called Adsense. Less than 24 hours later he replied that he had already made over $100. Thats when I knew what I was going to do ;)

Kyle
07-17-2005, 07:55 PM
Well, I stole a Spider-Man golfball from a little kid. He dropped it and therefore went chasing after it--if I'd let him keep it then he'd have probably ended up doing the same, but getting hit by a car!

It's now my pride and joy, and has provided hours of entertainment.

LOL...

But seriously, you are right dvduval. In return for helping certain people, I have gotten respectable links in return, and allowed to refer them to ad networks in order to get a 5% cut.

thebillionaire
07-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Yea, I have to agree my family has a tradition of donating money, every month my dad takes out a certain percentage of his income and puts it in a jar, after a few years we have a few thousand dollars and we donate it, its the same deal with our relatives. dvduval consequently I was thought the same thing about helping and donating, but my grandmother

yellowbell
07-21-2005, 01:48 AM
Yea, I have to agree my family has a tradition of donating money, every month my dad takes out a certain percentage of his income and puts it in a jar, after a few years we have a few thousand dollars and we donate it, its the same deal with our relatives. dvduval consequently I was thought the same thing about helping and donating, but my grandmother

I would love to have some donations :D

Social Security Attorney ( http://www.*************************.com)

James
07-24-2005, 04:07 AM
http://toolazytoblog.com/temp/howyoulikedemapples.png

moonshield
07-24-2005, 05:45 PM
lol, your feelings for this golf ball borders on obsession.