PDA

View Full Version : LinkMetro

Blue Cat Buxton
07-12-2005, 09:10 AM
For those of you who use LinkMetro, can I ask a question.

Do you actually solicit links or just wait to be contacted?

The reason I ask is I seem to get very few on topic requests and I have a few sites listed there.

I get quite a few non related bulk requests (ie one site wanting to link with all my sites, even though they have a diverse range of topics)

Yet there are a lot of good potential link partners in the directory and I have swapped with a number of them.

It just seems that most webmasters are not taking full advantage of the system

r2d2
07-12-2005, 11:27 AM
I use it, and both solicit links now and then, and accept link requests (assuming on topic and site has a reaosnable amount of PR).

Make sure you go to the 'Select Link Request filters' and deselect anything that isnt related to your sites. Have you done this? Do it now if you havent. People cant request links if they arent in your selected set. At the moment I have just unselected the pharmacy, ringtone type categories, but I may take it further to cut down un related links.

Yes, the bulk requests from one site are annoying - I normally just leave them for a while to gain the benefit from their link to me, then reject them :)

MarkB
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I often let the people come to me (as they should:p), but when I'm being pro-active, I hunt out link partners and usually have good results. It's a great system, although it seems there are a lot of people looking for quick fixes - ie, they refuse to link with you if your link page is less than a certain PR (which is just naff, in the long term, IMO).

Cutter
07-12-2005, 02:45 PM
When I first started out I paid attention to PR -- now it is irrelavent to me. I'm more concerned with how many links on the page I'm being linked on & the relevancy of those links.

James
07-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I just signed up with this for my cheats site... and damn the games category has low-quality websites in it. They mostly look like AWS sites.

Cutter
07-12-2005, 06:29 PM
I noticed that too. I might be putting my game site on there later in the week.

I think the reason is because most game site owners don't really care about SEO or incoming links. The truth is getting link exchanges from other video game/pc game sites is pretty damn easy especially in comparision to other site catagories. Usually all it takes is one e-mail and a reciprical link.

decent merchant
10-12-2005, 09:29 PM
I noticed.most of high PR site, high PR only index but other page is poor.
can any one tell me this effect!

r2d2
10-13-2005, 12:44 AM
You mean why is the homepage high PR, but the link page is PR0? I think it is often bcause they have only recently added the link page, after the last toolbar update. I always check their link method, and they have all been kosher.

decent merchant
10-13-2005, 03:14 AM
Thanks r2d2!
i have another question! link exchange with some of this websites, but i check google my linkback only one, why?

r2d2
10-13-2005, 11:34 AM
You only have a link from one page?

Google doesn't tend to show all links, its better to use Yahoo (or MSN) for link checks. Also you have to wait a while for the backlink database to update.

decent merchant
10-14-2005, 07:49 AM
Thank you for that comment
I think my problem was non-relevant links pages.
:D :D :D

jaybird691
10-14-2005, 09:06 PM
I have requested links and had requests made from me. I have a PR 0 on both my sites but I have had several (about 10) with PR of 4 or 5 request a link and if it is related to my site I take it. It can't hurt a new website like mine. I like it a lot. It is better than monsterswaplink or something like that where I get a lot of weird requests.

rebekahs
12-02-2005, 05:35 AM
I use it. I only take links from related sites, though.

jaybird691
12-04-2005, 10:54 AM
I have been receiving quite a few requests for links from LinkMetro of late. Most but not all have been related to my sites. I have really been happy with this site and its ease of use. I track my traffic and a small percent of traffic is coming from these other sites so it is a positive thing for me.