PDA

View Full Version : New Theme for my "Horror Site"

Emancipator
07-12-2005, 05:17 AM
New theme is up for my horror site. About 30minutes in photoshop. still have another 30 minutes to complete it. Little disclaimer here it was not tested in photoshop. My cms system is setup so when I update the theme it also updates to show all the latest news relating to the theme, related contests, etc.

Work in progress to be completed today. Should warn its a horror site and the content is questionable for youngsters.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/

Mike
07-12-2005, 06:09 AM
I like it, as you say it makes it look more like a horror site.

I like the area around the "Latest Devils Rejects News" box, looks good :)

Hows your horror and game sites going?

Emancipator
07-12-2005, 06:28 AM
Thanks Mike... I update the theme monthly. last month it was Land of the Dead. I spin it into a give away which studios sponsor.

Its basically a master template which is very easy to update so new themes are easy just gotta draw it all up in photoshop :)

The horror site is doing very well.... 4054 news items, and 400 horror movie reviews, which i think is pretty good for a relatively new site.

I spend a few minutes a day completing areas, but its still secondary to my main site. The last big feature I did on the site was a top list. Anyone can put the banner on their site which has live data using php, example button can be seen here on the right below the poster http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_movie_1286.htm

I then did a master list which shows, current, last position, big movers, etc http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror-dvds.php Was a 1 hour project I took on to add more interactive value to the site.

My gaming site I only spend about 20 minutes a day on and have done zero promotion but will start once I feel ready :)

MarkB
07-12-2005, 07:50 AM
Looks awesome! :)

Emancipator
07-12-2005, 08:07 AM
thanks.. im actually making some major changes in the page layouts as we speak so version 2 should be done today.. decided i want my theme layouts a wee bit different. :P

James
07-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Looks good :D

I saw a clip of Devil's Rejects on TV. It didn't look much like a horror movie, it looked more like a "Billy Bob and company running away from the steriotypical police force in Texas" sort of movie; however, it was just a short clip, and I haven't looked the movie up yet as it doesn't really look like the sort of film that'd interest me.

moonshield
07-12-2005, 05:59 PM
one word... hardcore.

Emancipator
07-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Devils Reject is trust me seriously horror.. lol. The original this sequel is for was totally messed up... not sure it will be my kinda movie either but hey i just run the site :)

Thanks Moonshield glad you dig it.. its still a work in progress my theme code for my CMS but so far so good.

Kyle
07-12-2005, 08:58 PM
I'm extremely anxious to see the devil's rejects. House of 10,000 corpses was amazing. Especially the dvd bonus features and easter eggs. (TINY F----- A STUMP!)

Many people won't appreciate Rob Zombie's movies. Yes, they are very f----- up. There's one scene in house of 10000 corpses where one of the psycho's kills a cop execution style. The cop is on his knees, the sound gets muted, and the camera starts to zoom out from a birds eye view. This scene shows Rob Zombie's talent, and its a great test if you see it in a crowded theater. Some people laugh, some people yell "HURRY UP AND KILL HIM". Very interesting, cause its not meant to be a comedic or non-serious death scene.

Kyle
07-12-2005, 09:11 PM
Oh ya, and your designs are fantastic. Very impressive. Especially with you changing them regularly.

James
07-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Very interesting, cause its not meant to be a comedic or non-serious death scene.Well, there's always that little shock laugh you get from Final Destination--note: bus, pane of glass.
The rest are probably like the rest: it's always inevitable, and things they can't stop, but just slow enough that it makes you wince and see how horrible it is.

Okay, if it's being related to House of 1000(0) Corpses then I'm pretty positive it won't be my style. The only kind of horror flicks I can watch are ones like Jeepers Creepers (one and two, loved them both--he was such a cool character. I also saw this one part of an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer [before I recognized what it was and changed the channel] with some Jazz demon [boogey man, maybe?]--I think it was a musical episode--and the character was just the bees knees) and Final Destination and Saw. And hell, I get freaked out and have nightmares and see things (not schizophrenic, just when you turn and you see something in the corner of your eye, it might be a chair; however, your brain'll 'fix' your sight to see what it wants, and make that something else--same deal with why optical illusions work) uncontrollably for the first night or two after seeing those even.
Any of you get the same thing?

Emancipator
07-13-2005, 04:55 AM
Rob Zombie has a very unique style that is for sure.... his in your face style probly isnt best slated as horror, more cult violence, but horror is how it gets classified :)

Thanks icebane glad you dig my regular layout updates :)

eMEraLdwPn
07-13-2005, 06:51 PM
i'd consider house of 10,000 corpses to be the #1 worst movie i've ever seen in my entire life. the filming style literally made me feel sick, and the plot was virtually non-existant. the whole movie was just an excuse to kill people in "shocking" ways or whatever, but i've seen so many horror movies that i'm totally desensitized to tv violence.

Emancipator
07-14-2005, 04:38 AM
i think as a movie House of 1000 corpses (not 10,000) is horrible, but as far as style goes he gets major props for not cranking out WB horror movies.