PDA

View Full Version : ShareaSale

Chris
07-10-2005, 08:40 PM
I finally joined Shareasale, seems like a pretty good backend. Anyone use them alot?

They seem to have alot of no-name merchants, I mean some really poor looking websites. I question how they can support an affiliate program, but whatever. The easy access to datafeeds bit is nice, as is the fact that they compile a database of coupons/deals. It seems they're putting alot of work into making the programs as easy to promote as is possible. I'll write a full review in a few months after I've used them and have been paid.

I wonder if there is some sort of business relationship between Shareasale and abestweb as they promote that forum constantly on their site. Another really silly thing I saw was this (http://shareasale.com/premier/).

I consider this forum to be small, and its bigger or as big as half that list of forums, and SitePoint is bigger than every site on that list combined and then doubled. I guess I won't be able to get into their premier program. I guess being in charge of the affiliate program/advertising/seo section at the largest webmaster forum on the Internet* isn't enough.

*I don't know if SP is the largest or not, some sites, like crappy WW, don't report size.

James
07-10-2005, 10:42 PM
I mean some really poor looking websites. Comparing their design to other big networks, I'm surprised they haven't taken $100-or-so dollars for a nice one.

That Premier page looked VERY silly to me.
generate sales, baby! :rolleyes:

Looking forward to that full review. :cool:

*Heh, I'm not too keen for WW... but I assume that SP = the largest. If there were a bigger one, you'd probably hear about it somewhere, eh?

Nintendo
07-11-2005, 01:42 AM
I guess I won't be able to get into their premier program. I guess being in charge of the affiliate program/advertising/seo section at the largest webmaster forum on the Internet* isn't enough.

I never even made enough to get a check, and while I was inactive I signed up for the so called 'premier program', and got in! So it's not hard at all to get in!!! I never found any useful stuff there.

moonshield
07-11-2005, 03:44 AM
Shareasale has that nice feature that lists all the new coupons as they come out on one page, they don't have anything to do with parasites supposdedly. But the quality of merchants seems to be a bit, lets say, lacking.

EDIT:
By lacking in quality I mean in terms of name brand recognition.

Generalissimo
07-11-2005, 05:04 AM
Looking at the alexa on it they must be making something for some affiliates.

chromate
07-11-2005, 06:02 AM
I've used shareasale.com for some time now. I make about $150 a month from promoting some weight loss tracking software through them. I use direct deposit into my bank account. I've found they always pay on time. Never had any problems with them - though I do only promote this one merchant.

alien
07-11-2005, 07:16 AM
I've been using sharesale.com (about 10 merchants) for quite some time. Not earning much though..

Magic2K2
07-14-2005, 03:32 PM
Can anyone confirm if Shareasale is a reliable payer? Their layout is very unprofessional, but the access to datafeeds is a huge plus and I'd use them if I could trust them.

**aw, man, get rid of that auto-linking key terms please! (shareasale gets linked automatically)

James
07-14-2005, 07:31 PM
**aw, man, get rid of that auto-linking key terms please! (shareasale gets linked automatically)How bout no?
It's not your site, and it's a feature that many people that visit here find to be quite valuable. I've used it several times myself.

ozgression
07-15-2005, 12:14 AM
Can anyone confirm if Shareasale is a reliable payer?

Yes, they pay & on time.

chromate
07-15-2005, 03:31 AM
As I said in my previous post... I've never had any problems.

Magic2K2
07-17-2005, 11:29 AM
How bout no?
It's not your site, and it's a feature that many people that visit here find to be quite valuable. I've used it several times myself.

It's just a recommendation...I'm sure if a lot of people didn't like it Chris would think about removing it.

Chris
07-17-2005, 12:01 PM
The autolinking is a favorite feature of mine.

Plus, most autolinks point to the review, which is very useful. How many times on SitePoint have you seen a thread where someone is asking questions about an adnetwork that has been discussed dozens of times before? This way it reinforces one central review thread for each network.

This is especially useful for "What adnetwork should I join?" type threads as I could type:

Casale
Tribal Fusion
Adsense

And the person would have links to information about each network.

Mike
07-17-2005, 12:16 PM
When someone mentions a network a lot it kinda gets a bit annoying, perhaps if you could make it so only the first mention of the program is linked? It's just a suggestion anyways :)

Chris
07-17-2005, 12:38 PM
I'd like to do that, but the code isn't built that way.

James
07-17-2005, 04:20 PM
I'd say since people are more used to skimming longer pages, it's too easy for them to miss the first link. This feature, how it is, makes itself valuable to people coming to WPF via search engines.

Emancipator
07-18-2005, 12:42 PM
to make it only link the first one just remove the array and have it stop after the first replacement.. i did it for one of my sites using that vbulletin hack. Mind you its not like its a big deal... I tend to ignore links.

ogito
07-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Which script do you use for ShareaSale feed?

vatsia
10-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Chris,
thought that it would be interesting to discuss your experience with shareasale so far. How is it going? :)