PDA

View Full Version : www.wirelessphonereviews.com.

Shawn
10-17-2003, 10:20 PM
Yes, that's it.

First off, I know the site isn't finished. But it has enough to be ready to be critiqued. The main content is there. The rest will be coverage areas and data on phones and coverage, not anything that I can edit too much.

www.wirelessphonereviews.com.

It's basically like this:

See this site succeed and have no problems - or this site not succeed and I have serious problems. I need your honest input. I don't necessarily care about design critque, but if you must, feel free.

I want to know what is right and what is wrong. Most importantly: I need to know if I am targetting the right keywords. Yes, I know, wordtracker.com. This is my first time using it - regardless, I want to know if I'm targetting keywords that are too popular, not too popular, not enough, etc. And, what keywords I SHOULD be targetting (this is the main thing I'd like to know).

PLEASE spend the time to help me out. You don't know how important this is to me for this thing to succeed. I really appreciate it.

Thanks.

chromate
10-18-2003, 03:03 AM
I know you're not too bothered with the design, but the design's important. But, I DO like your design. The google adsense fits in really well and it looks like it's part of the site, instead of just being their to make some money. This will increase your clicks.

All your links have a period after the .com, eg:

http://www.wirelessphonereviews.com./cingularwireless.php

Is this intentional? Not sure the search engines will like it and it may cause problems.

If you're looking to boost the keywords "Wireless Phone Reviews" then I would make them into an internal link. Probably as a home link. Why? The search engines will consider these words more important if they appear as anchor text.

You should also use <h1> tags with your keywords. Use CSS to resize the text to fit with your design.

Looks good though.

Chris
10-18-2003, 06:05 AM
Are you going to target "Cingular Wireless" or "Cingular Wireless Reviews?" The former has significantly more competition, the latter isn't what you're apparently targetting.

You need to link on your menu using the words "Cingular Wireless Reviews."

Also I'd add functionality to allow people to rate reviews as sort of an agreement method. "Do you agree with this review? Yes or no?" or "Rate this review from 1-10." this allows your visitors to moderate user submitted reviews (in a way) and you can ensure the most popular or highly rated review is listed first as it is likely the most useful.

Shawn
10-18-2003, 08:05 AM
Cingular Wireless Reviews has had 3 searches within the past 60 days, according to wordtracker.com. Why is there a lot of competition for those 3 people (assuming its not the same person)?

Is that all that's wrong? Keywords are fine, wording, navigation, etc?

Chris
10-18-2003, 10:55 AM
Remember Wordtracker's sample size is only 300 million or so.

Everything else looks pretty good, but I didn't spend alot of time going over it or make a detailed analysis -- I generally charge people for that.

Shawn
10-18-2003, 02:47 PM
Well, thanks for your help.

Shawn
10-18-2003, 05:23 PM
Check out the main page wording and the reviews page (anyone will do). I improved it quite a bit, in my opinion.

Chris
10-19-2003, 01:57 PM
You're targetting "Reviews" and not "Review" so I'd change things around slightly to use the plural form more.

"None of the individuals who wrote a Cingular Wireless review have ......"

change to

"None of the individuals wrote Cingular Wireless reviews have...."

Shawn
10-19-2003, 01:59 PM
Gotcha.