PDA

View Full Version : Odd things

Chris
07-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I made like $1350 on fastclick referrals last month. Which means my referrals, 27, are earning on average $1k each.

Anyways, with Casale I have 23 referrals, and I make more in one day with Casale through my own ads that I make with my Casale referrals in an entire month. In short, I'm making less than $1 a day from my 23 casale referrals and nearly $50 a day from my 27 fastclick referrals. Emancipator, the winner of my Casale auction, makes more off just me than I make off the 23 people I referred.

I'm moving Casale up in my rotation and Fastclick down, Casale has better rates now. I wonder if alot of my Fastclick referrals don't know about Casale or haven't bother to check the rates lately. Not that casale's rates have been increasing, just that Fastclick's have been dropping.

Its odd though, how you'll have such a large difference between the networks.

moonshield
07-02-2005, 04:42 PM
heh, you make more on referrels in a month then I do all together.

James
07-02-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't really think it's a descrepency in the networks. I think it's more a matter of the referrals for your FastClick just get more traffic and money, and your Casale guys are all small fish.

He earned 50x what I did last month overall.

Snowballer
07-02-2005, 05:16 PM
not bad Chris, so these referrals are all via your forum and articles huh? interesting!

Generalissimo
07-03-2005, 04:37 AM
I thought fastclick just scrapped their referral program...

Chris
07-03-2005, 06:33 AM
Just about.

chromate
07-03-2005, 07:12 AM
27 people averaging $1k a month from fastclick... presumably signed up through this site... Where are these people? Shame they don't contribute to the forum as they obviously know a thing or two.

Chris
07-03-2005, 07:28 AM
Maybe its one guy earning 20k a month and 26 guys earning the rest.

I have some fc referrals going back a long time though. I referred some people before I even had this site.

Honestly though, with that income thread, I was suprised at how little some of you were making :( I thought alot of you were doing better than that.

chromate
07-03-2005, 07:36 AM
Maybe its one guy earning 20k a month and 26 guys earning the rest.

I did think that. Probably is a few big earners and the rest are small. It'd be nice to know who they are and what they're doing though.

Honestly though, with that income thread, I was suprised at how little some of you were making I thought alot of you were doing better than that.

Yeah, I was surprised too. I thought most people were earning far more. It'd be nice to have some more big earners about - It'd be good for the site.

Cutter
07-03-2005, 11:56 AM
At least everyone is honest about what they are earning. If you exagerate what you are making no one is going to help you. A year ago I was making $0 and last month I pulled in over $1200 just from internet earnings -- but I have yet to use any of the big banner networks.

James
07-03-2005, 12:32 PM
Honestly though, with that income thread, I was suprised at how little some of you were making I thought alot of you were doing better than that.
9 years? I should be making more than that.
But I don't have a credit card, and so I have to go through other people. But I hate to be a pest, so I don't get too many domain names. But I also don't know how you people get lots of traffic to your AWS sites, and come up with these sites that pull in massive hits with what appears to be something that just comes naturally to you.

Cutter
07-03-2005, 01:43 PM
Look into getting a pre-paid credit card. When you buy domains only get them for a site you are about to develop. 99% of the time the site pays off the domain and hosting fee the first month its up.

Get rid of things that are in your way to making money. If you spend too much time on this forum, give it a break for a week or two and concentrate solely on your sites. I did this and it really helped me (altough you may notice I've been posting like crazy lately.)

I don't run any AWS sites, nor do I have any experience with amazon's affiliate progam ;)

r2d2
07-03-2005, 01:52 PM
But I don't have a credit card, and so I have to go through other people. But I hate to be a pest, so I don't get too many domain names.

Any reason you dont have a credit card? You could also get a debit card that uses VISA (I have one at least, here in the UK). If you needed a 'credit card' to buy domains, a debit card that uses VISA should work.

James
07-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Any reason you dont have a credit card?
Actually, none that I know of. But I don't like the idea of getting a card for just a few domain names, or just making a million websites because I can get all the domain names I think of.

Really, to think of it, it was really stupid passing up a few names like I did. They're now thriving and huge websites; though, I guess the same group of folks would be able to achieve those with any name.

MarkB
07-04-2005, 12:36 AM
I'm planning on kickstarting my publishing again. Although I'm still making some pocket change (just over $100 a month), I'd love to get back to $200+ and maintain that, and then improve on it. Working fulltime is a real kick in the guts, though; most days when I get home, the only computering I want to do is play a game, or read blogs :)

James
07-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Heh yeah, I know the feeling. But to earn $200+ and maintain it can be done on the weekends, or whenever you feel like it--just be smart about it, and apply your knowledge.

MarkB
07-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Aye, I'm just going to get stuck into Link Metro. Had great results with that, with some clients' sites.

James
07-04-2005, 01:42 AM
Oh, right! Link Metro. I totally forgot about that site.

r2d2
07-04-2005, 04:32 AM
Finally getting some Google love for housebuyingguide after using Link Metro. The Link Metro system is pretty nice, as long as you unselect all the pharmacy and ringtone etc categories.