PDA

View Full Version : Review http://buy-video-games.net

James
06-30-2005, 04:08 AM
Hi there, recently redesigned my video game store. And yes, I know that the URL is horrible; however, with it being an AWS site I don't think I'll be expecting much return traffic anyways.

http://buy-video-games.net

Any comments/questions/crits on the design is much appreciated.
Also, I'd like you to give me tips on placement of certain things, if you think it could maybe increase sales, etc.

Thankxz alo0ot evaryoone!!!!!11!. :D:D:D:D::D!1!11!11111
:rolleyes:

Nintendo
07-01-2005, 11:34 PM
AWS sites are dead. Move on. :D:D:D:D

In the last Google update I lost about a million AWS listings. Then this week I lost another 10,000 more! I now have a measly 21,800 URLs indexed. :(:(:(

Luckly Yahoo came along and started indexing them. :D:D:D

James
07-02-2005, 01:13 AM
What the hell?
i D0hNT CARRE nit3nd000!!1!!:D::SD:`;!!:DD:D:!:!:!;::!:D::!@::!D ::!::D:!:D:!:D:!::DD::D:D

I hope you choke.

Nintendo
07-02-2005, 10:29 PM
pze no tell me 2 choke!!! :D:D:D:D:D

James
07-02-2005, 11:26 PM
How bout **** off? Does that sound good?

If anyone wonders why I'm so bitter to Nintendo, I can happily link you to the 'Find More Posts by Nintendo' at several forums.

Nintendo
07-04-2005, 11:08 PM
:D:D:D:D

What?? What's that??!! Oh, you wanted a site REVIEW!! Why didn't you simply say so??!!! :D:D

OK, here goes...!!!! Ugggg, ugly site. No original content. Just ugly duplicate content from Amazon. All it is is one big fat ad with a little Google ad inside it!!! No wounder Google's being smart and dumping all the AWS sites. They all suck (Except the ones I own!!)!!!!

Well, what could I say. Every one else thought it was so ugly that they didn't want to hurt your feelings so they didn't reply!!!! Next time think twice before asking for something, or else you might get it!!!

pze no choke!!!!

MarkB
07-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Hmm, no, your AWS sites are definitely the ugliest I've seen.

Nintendo
07-05-2005, 01:16 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

MarkB
07-05-2005, 01:18 AM
James - decent looking site, although at first I was wondering where your menu was!

Personally I would bring it beneath the Battlefield 2 banner, and mark it up more obviously.

Is there an xml feed from a games site you could integrate into the site, w/ games news etc?

AndyH
07-05-2005, 03:39 AM
OK, here goes...!!!! Ugggg, ugly site. No original content. Just ugly duplicate content from Amazon.
Kettle ... black.

How about you take all that rubbish to PMs.

Billyray
07-05-2005, 06:24 AM
The adsense skyscraper on the right hand side drops to the very bottom of the page for me (IE6).

James
07-05-2005, 05:43 PM
James - decent looking site, although at first I was wondering where your menu was!

Personally I would bring it beneath the Battlefield 2 banner, and mark it up more obviously.

Is there an xml feed from a games site you could integrate into the site, w/ games news etc?
Riiiiiiight, I should probably move that. You're right, now that I look at the layout, it's really horribly placed in there.

I'll experiment with placement of the nav.

Yeah, you're right, I should probably add some non-AWS content. I'll learn some PHP and MySQL and try to program up some sort of a news aggregator that shows the latest snippet and a link to the full news article--a lot of game sites have news feeds.

Hmmm I should start harassing him though PMs, too....

Nintendo
07-05-2005, 10:44 PM

Learn how to read. What part of

Any comments/questions/crits on the design is much appreciated.

don't you understand. No one else would tell him the truth about his oh so high quality rich content site, so I did. Truth hurts. pze no choke. :D:D:D:D

James
07-06-2005, 01:47 AM
No one else would tell him the truth about his oh so high quality rich content site, so I did. Truth hurts. pze no choke.
Never said that I wanted someone to spread redundant garbage.... :rolleyes:

Nintendo
07-06-2005, 09:17 PM
Butt eye only speek da truth!!!! pze know choke!!! :D:D:D