PDA

View Full Version : The Decline of Fastclick

Chris
06-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Fastclick has been declining for me a great deal lately.

I switched them a couple months ago from my 3rd tier banner provider to my 4th tier in favor of Casale because their rates were so low.

As of today their no longer my first tier popunder provider, and in fact might fall all the way to 3rd tier. They've been my first tier popunder provider for years.

They just aren't competiting. TribalFusion has $9 and $10 CPM popunder campaigns. Casale is delivering $4 eCPM. Fastclick has $3.00 eCPM. My eCPM for banners with them is only $0.22 now, half of what Casale provides.

Their Interstitials seem to be paying less than Interclick as well.

The one good part of Fastclick is their referral program, doing better than ever this month for me, but that is apparently going to end as well.

Was the castrating of the referral program a result of the lower ad rates and Fastclick needing to eek as much profit as possible out of it's publishers? Maybe. Its hard to say what is the chicken and what is the egg.

All I know is that the future does not look bright for Fastclick,

Doug
06-29-2005, 11:10 AM
Right after they offered stocks too. I thought that would really perk up the company but I guess I was wrong.

chromate
06-29-2005, 01:30 PM
My fastclick rates are actually pretty good at the moment. Popunders - $4.93 eCPM, Banners - $0.52 eCPM. Casale beats fastclick's banner rates by about another $0.10.

Cutter
06-29-2005, 06:41 PM
Internet advertising revenue is still growing at record rates -- with Adsense and so many advertisers available these days they are going to have to get their sh*t together if they want to stay in business.

James
06-30-2005, 12:25 AM
WOAH :| $9.00 and $10.00 CPM popunder campaigns? Damn, I need to grow a site or two and get into there...

Indeed, I hadn't considered that maybe they're horrified that the company's dying, and they needed more profit to save it; therefore, they implimented their 12-month thing. The amount of time they've given referrals shows that they think that it's just a possibility that they'll see a huge drop in future profits, or won't see the drop for a while, though.

davesplace1
07-05-2005, 08:06 PM
For years Fastclick was a good steady payer, maybe not the higest eCPM, but you could count on them being close to the top. It was nice to set their ad code and forget it. Now I need to think about changing their ad spots to another network. Still they have been good for years, I think I will wait a couple of momths and see if their eCPM rates start going back up.

thebillionaire
07-05-2005, 10:06 PM
I think fastclick owns internclick, because when I applied to them both, I got the exact same answer word by word, on the exact same date. Their prob concintrating more on internclick, I dont know I got rejected from both so I cant really tell

Doug
07-09-2005, 12:03 AM
I wish I could get accepted by Fastclick. I would much rather be concerened about their decline right now than be concerened that I can't get in.

James
07-09-2005, 12:11 AM
Just work on improving your sites, and that'll draw the traffic etc. that you'll need to be accepted, Doug.

I'd suggest using Strange Facts with it, though, because they don't seem to like gaming sites terribly much.

Doug
07-09-2005, 12:20 AM
Yea, that was my plan. The strange thing is they say I am already in their database with strange facts but I was never accepted. Every time I try to apply it says you cannot have 2 urls or something like that. It's been that way for quite some time now.

Emancipator
08-06-2005, 03:57 PM
chris do you remember which one i auctioned from you a referral? I dont make jack off my referrals so im hoping its casale lol.

Chris
08-06-2005, 07:47 PM
chris do you remember which one i auctioned from you a referral? I dont make jack off my referrals so im hoping its casale lol.

It was Casale, and you should have made atleast $75 off it last month as I did about $1500 with Casale last month.

Emancipator
08-07-2005, 09:16 AM
seems i will have to send casale an email.

Chris
08-07-2005, 11:55 AM
I've wondered if Casale has buggy or purposely poor referral tracking code.

I've got 30 referrals and make like $10 a month, thats seems awfully low.

Let me know what you find out.

Chris
08-07-2005, 11:56 AM
FYI I checked and it was $1384 I did last month.

Emancipator
08-07-2005, 12:39 PM
I've got 4 including you and i make about $20.00 off them all.

Westech
08-07-2005, 05:42 PM
Emancipator, you should have made around that amount from me as well. Sounds like something's off. PM me if you want my exact figures for each month so you can double-check.

Chris
08-07-2005, 06:39 PM
I sent an email in to them too.

Chris
08-08-2005, 08:33 AM
These are very serious concerns, thank you for bringing them to my attention. I have investigated the issue and contacted the appropriate departments. With regard to your primary concern, based on our records, you were referred by a xxxxxx. xxxx’s account, 103874, earned $69.24 last month from your referral. Based on our information everything appears to be in order here, if this is not the case please let me know.

In terms of your referrals, one thing to note is that our referral count appears to differ from other network’s referral counts in that ours is updated in real time, and is based on a raw publisher application - eg, if someone clicks on a referral link, and submits an application, a referral is credited to the publishers account, regardless if the publisher is accepted into the network. You have 30 raw referral applications, however, only 4 approved accounts that earned a combined $163.98 in July 2005, of which you earned $8.20.

Does that match up?

Emancipator
08-08-2005, 09:03 AM
my ****up... i wasnt correct on how the referral page works.

Emancipator
08-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Chris how do i see last months? I thought it was a running total ( yeah im a newb i know ). I have johns numbers and yours wanna see how it matches up.

Chris
08-08-2005, 10:03 AM
at the top of "Referral MAnager" there is a "Select Month to View" form.

Emancipator
08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
thanks chris!