PDA

View Full Version : applying for adsense

chromate
10-15-2003, 03:25 PM
I applied for adsense, but unfortunately my web host decided to go down just as they are looking at it! Great (!) so obviously they turned me down.

Do you get a certain number of attempts before they don't consider you anymore?

Chris
10-15-2003, 07:36 PM
Explaining the situation in an email will probably help... they've seemed to be very loose with reversing their previous decisions.

chromate
10-16-2003, 03:02 AM
Yeh. Well I know I can definitely apply again. I was just wondering how many attempts you actually get :) This was the email...

We did not approve your application for the reasons listed below. If you are able to resolve these issues, please feel free to reply to this email for reconsideration when you have made the changes.

Issues:

- Difficult site navigation

---------------------

Further detail:

Difficult site navigation: During our review of your website, we found your site difficult to navigate because your site is not yet launched.

Chris
10-16-2003, 06:02 AM
I don't know that there is a limit on attempts.

davesplace1
10-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Hi chromate, let us know when you get into AdSense

chromate
10-29-2003, 03:00 AM
I have. Shortly after I made that post, I re-applied and was accepted. I've only put it on a test page at the moment but it's serving the ads I want and they're pretty high earners.

Just waiting to be listed in google now. Then once I get the traffic, I'll stick the ads up.

KeithMcL
10-31-2003, 06:07 PM
I assume you submitted your site for indexing on Google? Being accepted into the Adsense program does not mean your site will be listed in search results.

chromate
11-01-2003, 05:56 AM
Yes, I did. I'm already indexed. However, it's only a temp listing at the moment (showing no backlinks and no PR). I've got some decent backlinks and reckon on the next google update I could be #1. :)

Mike
11-01-2003, 10:21 AM
Good stuff that chromate:)

Is it chrosys.com your talking about?

chromate
11-01-2003, 10:48 AM
Nah, that's my web design/freelance thing.

I'm not gonna let on about my new site just yet, but will do once it's more established :)