PDA

View Full Version : hosting multiple domain names

manonthestreet
06-17-2005, 10:07 AM
OKAY. I have just registered a keyword rich domain through buydomains.com. I have specific content for this keyword rich domain, and I am building a site using all of the great comments I learn from at this kick *** forum.

Now I already have a webhosting account that is already set up using a different domain name. Buydomains has a feature where I can frame forword my new URL to a page on my existing hosting account. The idea here is that no one will see th URL of the hosted site they will only see the name of the URL that is forwarded.

What will this do to how google indexes and serves up links to my new soon to be wildly successful site?

Is this just a plain old ****ty way to go about setting up my site?

If I have several domains that are hosting adsense and affiliate ads and not making that much because there content is weak should I point them all to my new domain?

MOTS

Chris
06-17-2005, 01:37 PM
Bad idea, you don't want to run into domain integrity issues where people find the same content via multiple domains.

Just pick one domain to use and use it normally.

James
06-17-2005, 04:17 PM
I agree whole-heartedly with Chris.

r2d2
06-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Yep, you can get reseller hosting accounts that allow multiple domains for less than $20 a month. Worth putting the money in or you wont make anywhere near as much out as you could.

megawebserver
10-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Yes
It is well