PDA

View Full Version : Setting nameservers with Godaddy

Chris
06-16-2005, 09:08 AM
I can't seem to figure this out, some months ago Godaddy changed their checkout and you no longer (or atleast I dont) have the option to set nameservers while checking out. Instead they use some default parked servers.

This is annoying.... it means that after checkout I need to unlock the domain(s), edit their nameservers, and relock them.

Not only is there no way, that I can find, to set nameservers while checking out, but also I can't seem to find a way to change my account defaults (if such a thing exists) so that the default nameservers are mine.

Is this there way of getting more traffic to their domain parking system?

Westech
06-16-2005, 10:05 AM

Probably so. It's very annoying and I haven't been able to find a solution other than manually changing it either.

r2d2
06-16-2005, 02:24 PM

Not sure what you mean here? Why would you want to get traffic to their domain parking?

The rest though, yes it is annoying having to unlock domains etc, but I'm afraid I havent looked into a way around the problem.

Chris
06-16-2005, 07:57 PM
I mean they make it more difficult to move from being a parked domain so people are less likely to do it for unused domains so they get more traffic to their domain parking service.

For instance I often point domains, even those I'm not ready to use yet, to my servers so that when I do want to use them they're ready. I think Godaddy is trying to stop people from doing things like that.

James
06-16-2005, 09:05 PM
I looked for a bit, but couldn't find a single reference to setting a default nameserver.
Looks like you'll have to go manually with this one, which is a sad thing. I'd be pretty angered by this if I bought more domain names.

Todd W
06-16-2005, 09:31 PM
Yeah, I hate the godaddy interface and transfer my domains to enom I pay the same as godaddy but it requies 100$ deposits which is no big deal now.

Cutter
06-16-2005, 11:21 PM
I try to spread my domains across multiple registrars for security. I'm using registerfly and godaddy.

Kadence
06-26-2005, 11:37 PM
We can't change the default nameservers...very annoying. However we can still edit the nameservers during the checkout process; it's under "Registration and Checkout Options"->"2. Select Domain Preferences:". It says If you're hosting these domains elsewhere, click here to set nameservers.